WinMove FileOpenDialog - (Solved)

Is there some way to WinMove a FileOpenDialog without using some external helper function?

Edited by ripdad

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

Thanks for the tip.

I did searched the forum -- but did not come up with anything remotely what I needed for FileOpenDialog.

Anyways, you have a link?

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

I may be wrong, but I think @dmob is referring to the following post:

Well, what I was hoping for was perhaps FileOpenDialog embedded in a GUI, and then move the GUI -- If it was possible.

I made an external helper script that does the job nicely, but was trying to avoid using it.

Not possible as this function is synchronous.   Either you rewrite the OpenDialog for your own good (GUI mode), or use a Run single line of code, and receive result thru IPC (this could be as simple as a StdoutRead).

This is what I came up with after I found a way on the forum here:

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/181491-question-about-autoit3executeline/?do=findComment&comment=1303207

Works very nice:

Local $sCmd = '"Local $d1 = WinWait(""Open "", """"), $d2 = WinMove(WinGetHandle(""Open ""), """", 400, 1)"'
Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine ' & $sCmd)

You might have to adjust it a bit for your needs at:  ""Open "" and the coordinates.

Edited by ripdad

Here is a example using GUICreate.  

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

;~ Global $hWnd = GUICreate("", -1, -1, 50, 50, $WS_POPUP) ;Left = 50, Top = 50
Global $hWnd = GUICreate("", -1, -1, @DesktopWidth / 4, @DesktopHeight / 4, $WS_POPUP) ;Centered

Global $sFilePath = FileOpenDialog("", "", "CSV (*.csv)|Images (*.jpg;*.bmp)|Videos (*.avi;*.mpg)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST, "", $hWnd)
If @error Then Exit

GUIDelete($hWnd)

ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $sFilePath & @CRLF & @CRLF)

Adam

Edited by AdamUL