Hidden Processes

• Moderators

I wanted to use the function ProcessExists("process") in my FastGaming proggy but found that one of the games (WarRock) hides its process (well, I can't find it in the tasklist) so I can't detect when it's running and when it stops. Anyone got a solution other than using WinExists('title")?

Thanks

I would suggest looking a bit deeper, than just the Task Manager. I use ProcExp.exe by systernals: Then look at where the .exe are being processed from... You'll find alot of times it's not a hidden exe, but renamed. Otherwise it's basically using the RootKit method of hiding and your AntiVirus software should find it (If not you could try ProcessGuard).

Another route may be looking in the registry if there is a unique string that is given when the .exe is running.

Look forward to seeing how you actually get around this :lmao: .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Yeah, the f'king thing is a rootkit - both RootKit Revealer and Blacklight picked it up as such. How retarded is that - writing a game that uses rootkit technology.

BTW, my virus detector (Avast) was OK with it.

Ha, is that anger at it being one, or frustration on not knowing how to create one :lmao: .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.