Personal Function Documentation

seadoggie01

Updated to version 0.0.0.2... a bug fix (the kind that made it not start) and added features.

If anyone has bugs, questions, comments, concerns, or feature requests, please feel free to comment!

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

On 3/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, seadoggie01 said:

I create a lot of wrapper functions and install a lot of UDFs, so it gets tiring opening the include file each time I need to remember if it returns a 0 or 1 based array, what this particular error means, or what the argument should be.

Very nice utility :thumbsup:

Will be using this a lot, I have same problem even with my own functions/UDFs.

Thank you for sharing.

PS: A little nitpick: Dock the Function search inputs so they dont move when window resized.

Edited by dmob
PS

Thanks, glad you like it!

I planned on adding docking to the controls, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I was mostly concerned with functionality at this point :)

What do you think about adding a side panel similar to the help file that contains the functions grouped into their containing file names to help see related functions. Something like this in a TreeView:

- C:\FilePath\Debug.au3
     * Debug
     * ErrMsg

- C:\FilePath\MailSlot.au3
    * _MailSlotCreate
    * _MailSlotRead
    * _MailSlotWrite

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

How to format an UDF header is described here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@HighlanderSword I used the standard UDF Header (generally generated in SciTE) as water mentioned. If you're in one of your functions in SciTE and press Ctrl+Alt+H (by default) it will generate a function header for you that works with this program :)

@dmob Great thanks! I'll work on bringing the GUI up to standard with the next release (possibly today)

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

ok, so maybe I'm missing something , I took Water's OutlookEX.au3 udf placed it in a folder by itself , then ran your tool, specified the path to Water's UDF, the tool presented a progress bar for a minute or 2 and did nothing.

I see nothing in the dialog box, I then selected search and put in one of the function names and got nothing.

I tried re-creating your scenario, but I wasn't able to get an error or anything similar. When I typed _OL_Open into the search bar, it brought up the expected documentation. The progress bar does get stuck at 100% though :o

I'll release a version in a bit that will let you know on errors and debug to a log to help me see what might be going wrong :) It does write to the AppData directory, so you can check to make sure there is a file named %AppData%\FunctionDocs.ini

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

Sorry it took so long, things have been crazy lately. (Florida finally issued a stay-at-home order, though, so it may slow down a bit).

Anyways, Version 0.0.0.3 is up! It contains a TreeView to display all of your functions grouped by search path and file to help find related functions.

As always, please post any issues, feedback, comments, or ideas here! :)

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

I realized today that there's an issue with viewing the documentation of functions that include a | in the UDF header. The list view is currently using this as the GUIDataSeparatorChar, which results in the lines not being shown (they would get added to non-existent columns). I was thinking I could use a form feed (unicode 0xC or 12) as the separator character, because the documentation shouldn't contain any of those... right?

I could strip out any leading | + or - as the UDF spec states that those are newline characters. This could still be an issue with any |'s in the middle of a description, however.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

It's been much too long since I updated this, sorry.

I released a new version today that I've been using for a bit and it works well and seems stable. I ended up using Chr(5) as the GUIDataSeparatorChar, but it's a global variable to make it easy to change. I haven't experienced any issues with it so far. I don't remember why I stopped using Chr(12) to be honest, but I thought I found an issue with it.

Version 1.0.0.0 released! :)

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:

• 4 months later...