Ascer

Hello all,

Since almost all my topics here are come to "How can i speed up Autoit?" I decided to start C programming.

My question is how to setup Scite for C to works just like an Autoit. F5 Run, Ctrl+F5 error check?

btw. comparing speed Autoit VS C

Loop: 1:70

DllCall 1:15

I don't have the answer to your question, but I do know that there are a few guides for SciTE that give you instructions on setting up custom menu options :)

But I am not making this whole post about advice that you already know, I am here to share my experience with an IDE/Editor for C.

To start, I do not like the huge bulked up IDEs which come with a ton of features and also setup the compiler for you... no, I am not into those so I am not going to recommend them, but if you want to check them out there are plenty of options out there.

I think the perfect balance between an IDE and just a plain text editor needs to be found, and I found that in Geany :D

Geany is light-weight but also has support for all the basic features like code highlighting, auto-completion, options/buttons to run basic commands to build your code, and the most important feature: embedded terminal

Geany natively supports C, so it supports the syntax etc. out of the box, and it even has handy options to switch between headers and source code. It also has an healthy set of plugins which can extend the editor, my favourite plugins are the project manager and git changebar.

So I suggest you give it a try 👍

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Thanks for reply guys.

After a few days of hard learning C programming i must say .. Good to know that Autoit exists :)

C have 48 years old and learning it is like learning chinese.

Speed is genius comparing func such as DllCall, FileRead/Write, Loop,Value assing,String Operations, Array Manage, func call:

C is around x30 faster than Autoit but way you write it aaaa blood.

I used Sublime Text with gcc compile to execute C scripts.

C is a low-level language, so it is not comparable to AutoIt... even comparing it to C++ might be a strech. I do have to say that C programming is not for the light-hearted, one needs to have some good programming experience to be able to cope with the bare-metal interface provided by C

But don't let my word stop you from trying it out, you might just learn something new :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 11 months later...

@Ascer 

If you love C and want to get the joy of programming, then either try Nim or D. 

Nim compiles to c, python like syntax. Minimal OOP support. A lovely language.

D compiles to native code. C like syntax yet more readable than C. Full OOP support. 

Both are GC languages but you can switch of GC if you want.

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)