Const Arrays

cappy2112

You're right in the traditional sense, but if you can't accomplish what you want with an array, this will work as a nasty work around. Open your mind up a bit, look at your array, look at my example, and then take it from there.

Your example does have it's own merit, and does give me some ideas.

What I was after is to use a const array as a container containing values that I can access symbolically, anywhere in the program. I could use idividual consts for these, but I envisioned one containter for all the consts.

• Moderators

Your example does have it's own merit, and does give me some ideas.

What I was after is to use a const array as a container containing values that I can access symbolically, anywhere in the program. I could use idividual consts for these, but I envisioned one containter for all the consts.

Exactly... although I have to admit my example rather disgust me... as Valik has stated and so has Jdeb, in it's current state it's not going to happen (sounds like a fix is afoot). But, you can use Eval() just like an array, if you place them correctly, thus returning the exact result you are looking for. That was my comment on thinking past the moment... Eval() is exactly like an Array() if you do it properly for this situation.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.