IDispatch Object in Assembly

Beege

7 hours ago, Beege said:

Let me know if you have issues, questions or comments.

There are no issues or comments. But I have a ton of questions, like "What is a dispatch object ?", just to start. So, where can I read up on dispatch, at a kindergarten level :baby:

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

1 hour ago, argumentum said:

There are no issues or comments. But I have a ton of questions, like "What is a dispatch object ?", just to start. So, where can I read up on dispatch, at a kindergarten level :baby:

Im gonna change that to iDispatch, but even with that change I dont know if "idispatch object" is an actual thing, its just what I started calling it in my head. IDispatch is the interface we are using to create the object. It all really started with Hooking into the IDispatch interface. Then came AutoitObject and sometime later we got the native function ObjCreateInterface. iDispatch is what your looking to read up on. 

Here is another version of the reverse method only this one does not make a copy to a second array, it modifies the original array. It works like the autoit one doing half the loops by swapping the first and last elements each loop. Let me know if any questions 

_('     .elseif [dispIdMember] = ' & _DefineDispID(-8,'__reverse2')) ;
_('         mov esi, [pDispParams]')
_('         mov esi, [esi+tDISPPARAMS.rgvargs]'); variant passed
_('         mov esi, [esi+tVARIANT.data]'); this is the safearray
_('         inc [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cLocks]'); set lock
_(          _fasmg_Debug('struct:esi:' & $tagSAFEARRAY))
_('         mov eax, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cElements]') ; number of elements (Ubound)
_('         dec eax'); subtract 1 as in Ubound($a)-1
_('         mod eax, 2'); divide by 2 - result in eax (mod result in edx)
_('         mov ecx, eax'); set loop count
_('         mov eax, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cElements]'); set ecx to number of elements (Ubound)
_('         dec eax')
_('         mov edx, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cbElements]'); this is size of element
_('         mul edx'); this is multiplying eax*edx -> result in eax. eax now equals distance to last element
_('         add eax, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.pvData]'); eax = address of last element
_('         mov edx, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.pvData]'); edx = address of first element
_('         reversea2:')
_('             push [eax+tVARIANT.vt]'); push last element type
_('             push [edx+tVARIANT.vt]'); push first element type
_('             pop [eax+tVARIANT.vt]'); pop first element to last
_('             pop [edx+tVARIANT.vt]'); pop last to first
_('             push [eax+tVARIANT.data]'); repeat for data
_('             push [edx+tVARIANT.data]')
_('             pop [eax+tVARIANT.data]')
_('             pop [edx+tVARIANT.data]')
_('             add edx, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cbElements]') ;Add size of variant structure to edx to move on to next element
_('             sub eax, [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cbElements]'); subtrack size
_('             loop reversea2')
_('         dec [esi+tSAFEARRAY.cLocks]'); remove lock
_('         xor eax,eax')
;=====================================

Edited by Beege

20 hours ago, idontknow said:

Very Nice !

May i ask how i can run __defineGetter and __defineSetter like AutoItObject

Thanks

Thank you. Those methods do not exist in the current code so they would have to be written. This isnt a replacement for AutoItobject. All the base code does handle the main stuff for the properties like creation, put, get, name lookup, release. All the methods I have in place right now are optional and could be replaced with whatever kind of method you want to write.

The benifits here are more for assembly writting and being able to directly pass autoit variables right into your code. Its also much much easier to just tack on more functions (methods) with ease and not having to do all the leg work you normally would with creating a whole new assembly function and new Dllcalladdress to go along with it and whatever variables you are passing.. it can start being a pain in the ass. Now we can just paste in new methods like the __reverse2 I have above and it magically becomes available right in the autoit code. 

I like the way you compile the ASM on the fly unfortunately it crashes if I run the example

or is is that even compiled as x86 it doesn't work on x64 pcs? I wasn't thinking that were the case..?

You have the upperhand here with running code in a separate process 

But I'd like to see the difference in speed on the calls versus doing it in Autoit like:

Little Proof Of Concept 

Spoiler
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

;Au3CallByName, Bilgus
Global $Au3_CallByName = 0
Local $hKernel32 = DllOpen("Kernel32.dll")
OnAutoItExitRegister(__CallByNameCleanup)
Global $oDictionary

Func __CallByNameCleanup()
    Au3_CallByName_Init(False) ;Unload
    DllClose($hKernel32)
EndFunc   ;==>__CallByNameCleanup

; Takes a pointer to the v-table in a class and replaces specified member Id in it to a new one.
Func __HookVTableEntry($pVtable, $iVtableOffset, $pHook, ByRef $pOldRet)
    ;;https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/107678-hooking-into-the-idispatch-interface/
    Local Const $PAGE_READWRITE = 0x04
    Local $tpVtable = DllStructCreate("ptr", $pVtable)
    Local $szPtr = DllStructGetSize($tpVtable)
    Local $pFirstEntry, $pEntry, $tEntry, $aCall, $flOldProtect, $bStatus

; Dereference the vtable pointer
    $pFirstEntry = DllStructGetData($tpVtable, 1)
    $pEntry = $pFirstEntry + ($iVtableOffset * $szPtr) ;vtable is a big array of pointers 

; Make the memory free for all. Yay!
    $aCall = DllCall($hKernel32, "int", "VirtualProtect", "ptr", $pEntry, "long", $szPtr, "dword", $PAGE_READWRITE, "dword*", 0)

If @error Or Not $aCall[0] Then
        ConsoleWriteError("Error: Failed To hook vTable" & @CRLF)
        Return False
    EndIf
    $flOldProtect = $aCall[4]

$tEntry = DllStructCreate("ptr", $pEntry)
    $pOldRet = DllStructGetData($tEntry, 1)
    If $pOldRet <> $pHook Then
        DllStructSetData($tEntry, 1, $pHook)
        $bStatus = True
    Else ;Already Hooked
        ConsoleWriteError("Error: vTable is already hooked" & @CRLF)
        $bStatus = False
    EndIf

;put the memory protect back how we found it
    DllCall($hKernel32, "int", "VirtualProtect", "ptr", $pEntry, "long", $szPtr, "dword", $flOldProtect, "dword*", 0)
    Return $bStatus
EndFunc   ;==>__HookVTableEntry

; Everytime autoit wants to call a method, get or set a property in a object it needs to go to
; IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames. This is our version of that function, note that by defining this ourselves
; we can fool autoit to believe that the object supports a lot of different properties/methods.
Func __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames($pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId)
    Local Const $DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME = 0x80020006, $DISPID_UNKNOWN = -1
    Local Static $pGIFN = __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames()
    Local $hRes

;Call the original GetIDsFromNames
    $hRes = DllCallAddress("LRESULT", $pGIFN, "ptr", $pSelf, "ptr", $riid, _
            "struct*", $rgszNames, "dword", $cNames, "dword", $lcid, "ptr", $rgDispId)
    If @error Then
        ConsoleWriteError("Error: GetIDsFromNames: " & @error & @CRLF)
        Return $DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME
    EndIf

; Autoit didnt find the name now its our turn
    If $DISPID_UNKNOWN = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("long[" & $cNames & "]", $rgDispId), 1, 1) Then
        ;$rgszNames is a pointer to an array[$cNames] of names -- Autoit only asks for one member $cNames = 1
        Local $tName = DllStructCreate("wchar[64]", DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("ptr[" & $cNames & "]", $rgszNames), 1, 1))
        Local $sName = DllStructGetData($tName, 1)

;We just prepend CBN_CB_ to the function name and try to call it
        $hRes = Call("CBN_CB_" & $sName, $sName, $pGIFN, $pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId)
        If $hRes <> Default Then Return $hRes ; User handled the function

If @error Then
            ConsoleWrite("Error: GetIDsFromNames: " & @error & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return $hRes[0]
EndFunc   ;==>__IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames

Func __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames($ptr = 0)
    ;Stores pointer to the original 'GetIDsFromNames'
    Local Static $pOldGIFN = $ptr
    If $ptr <> 0 Then $pOldGIFN = $ptr
    Return $pOldGIFN
EndFunc   ;==>__Pointer_GetIDsFromNames

Func Au3_CallByName_Init($bHook = True, $classname = "shell.application")
    Local Const $iOffset_GetIDsFromNames = 5 ;vtable index

Local Static $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = 0
    Local $oObject, $pObject, $pHook, $pOldGIFN

If $bHook Then
        If $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = 0 Then
            $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = DllCallbackRegister("__IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames", _
                                                                      "LRESULT", "ptr;ptr;ptr;dword;dword;ptr")
        EndIf
        $pHook = DllCallbackGetPtr($IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback)
    Else
        $pHook = __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames()
        If $pHook <= 0 Then Return ;Already Unloaded
    EndIf

$oObject = ObjCreate($classname)
    $pObject = DllStructSetData(DllStructCreate("ptr"), 1, $oObject)

If __HookVTableEntry($pObject, $iOffset_GetIDsFromNames, $pHook, $pOldGIFN) Then
        __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames($pOldGIFN) ;Save the original pointer to GetIDsFromNames
        If Not $bHook Then
            DllCallbackFree($IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback)
            $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = 0
        EndIf
    Else
        ;Error
    EndIf

$oObject = 0
EndFunc   ;==>Au3_CallByName_Init

;|||||||||===========|||||||||
;||||||||| CallBacks |||||||||
Global $hFunc = DllCallbackRegister("FSU_Func", "LRESULT", "ptr;int")
;DllCallbackFree($hFunc)
Global $pOldFunc

Func FSU_Func($pSelf, $i)
    #ForceRef $pSelf
    ConsoleWrite("!Test CB " & $i & @crlf)
    Return 0x0
EndFunc

Func CBN_CB_Au3_CallByName($sName, $pGIFN, $pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId)
    Local Const $DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME = 0x80020006
    ConsoleWrite(">Call By Name: " & $sName & @crlf)
    Local Static $tpMember = DllStructCreate("ptr")
    If $Au3_CallByName Then
        Local $hRes, $tMember

;ConsoleWrite("CallByName: " & $Au3_CallByName & @CRLF)
        $tMember = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & StringLen($Au3_CallByName) + 1 & "]")
        DllStructSetData($tMember, 1, $Au3_CallByName)
        DllStructSetData($tpMember, 1, DllStructGetPtr($tMember))
        $rgszNames = $tpMember
        $Au3_CallByName = 0

If @error Then
            ConsoleWrite("Error: Call By Name: " & @error & @CRLF)
        EndIf
        Return $hRes[0]
    EndIf
    Return Default ;Default handler
EndFunc

Func CBN_CB_MyNewFunction($sName, $pGIFN, $pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId)
    #ForceRef $pGIFN, $pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId
    ConsoleWrite(">MyNewFunction: " & $sName & @crlf)
    ;Screwed up stuff just POC patch the second entry to out own function
    Local $oObj = $oDictionary
    Local $pObj = DllStructSetData(DllStructCreate("ptr"), 1, $oObj)
    __HookVTableEntry($pObj, 4, DllCallbackGetPtr($hFunc), $pOldFunc) ;Monkey patch!
    DllStructSetData(DllStructCreate("long[" & $cNames & "]", $rgDispId), 1, 4, 1) ; Point at vtable entry 4 (RemoveAll)
    Return 0x0 ;Success!
EndFunc

;||||||||| CallBacks |||||||||
;|||||||||===========|||||||||

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;TESTS;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
$oDictionary = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")

Au3_CallByName_Init()

Sleep(1000)

For $i = 1 To 3
    $Au3_CallByName = "Add"
    $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName("test1:" & $i, "Dictionary Item: " & $i)
Next

$Au3_CallByName = "keys"
For $sKey In $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName()
    For $j = 0 To 1
        $Au3_CallByName = ($j = 0) ? "Item" : "Exists"
        ConsoleWrite($sKey & " -> " & $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName($sKey) & @CRLF)
    Next
Next

$oDictionary.RemoveAll

$oDictionary.MyNewFunction()

$oDictionary.RemoveAll()

Au3_CallByName_Init(False) ;Unload (Not Strictly Needed, Done on Script Close)

So this is the above Au3_CallbyName code but using a callback mechanism 

when we call MyNewFunction it monkey patches the vtable entry of oDictionary.RemoveAll

and runs our function FSU_Func (And If you are wondering YES probably a bad idea)

you'll notice the next call to RemoveAll calls our function too

Next step would be to expand the vtable so we can patch in or own functions and parameters to them

which I think @monoceres mentioned in one of his examples..

On 5/4/2020 at 1:41 AM, Bilgus said:

Little Proof Of Concept 

Thanks for the posts @Bilgus, that's a pretty cool example. I've actually been trying to see if I can work with a scripting.dictionary object within some assembly code if I passed it as a parameter and this might get me a little closer. 

As for x64 that's still on the to-do list. This is all x86 only right now. x64 was supposed to be next but I've been distracted with just getting a feel for working with the autoit variables. When it comes to speed of just calling the functions I don't think there is going to be that much of a difference. This is not a separate process. The performance potential you get with mixing autoit and assembly are the spots where autoit has to do a lot of loops during the processing. 

2 hours ago, argumentum said:

x64 in 3.3.14.5 wont run but in the beta 3.3.15.3 runs just fine.

Did you get the same result for the compiled example? I justed tested on a second pc and everything seems ok. I'm definitely running 3.3.14.5. If the compiled example works then this may have something to do with the path of your 32bit version of autoit.exe, but the script should have given you a message saying it couldnt find the exe.

Edit: I'm actually seeing the opposite. The only beta I can get x64 compiled example to work is 3.3.15.0. I get a crash when using beta version's  3.3.15.1, 3.3.15.2, and 3.3.15.3 :mad2:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\bj\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM.au3" /UserParams    
+>11:46:30 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.19.102.1901.0 SciTE v.4.1.2.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\bj\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\bj\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\bj\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM.au3
+>11:46:30 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\bj\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM.au3"    
+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
-Direct get test:
$oIDispatch.string = string test
$oIDispatch.__string = __string test2
$oIDispatch.float = 12.345145
$oIDispatch.array[1] = 222
-method __keysau3 test:
$aKeyAU3s = string|__string|float|array|binary|bool|dllStruct
-method __get test:
$oIDispatch.array = 111|222|333
$oIDispatch.binary = 0x4E61BC00
$oIDispatch.bool = True
$oIDispatch.dllStruct = 99
-method __set test:
$oIDispatch.string = 0
$oIDispatch.__string = 1
$oIDispatch.float = 2
$oIDispatch.array = 3
$oIDispatch.binary = 4
$oIDispatch.bool = 5
$oIDispatch.dllStruct = 6
+>11:46:32 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>11:46:32 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 2.767

Edited by Beege

What a pickle !.
In Win10 1909 ( run "winver" ), it behaves as in yours but on Win10 1607, is the other way around. :( 
My main PC is with 
1607 but I have other PCs, mainly to test if my coding works abroad.

Since Jon is looking at workarounds due to the, masterful updates in Win10, this may help him in debugging too, if he find it relevant to AutoIt.

..and as a side note: Is thanks to ppl like you is that I can have working code. Thanks.:cheer:

This is the 1607 console

Spoiler
>"C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\au3.IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3" /UserParams
+>14:02:45 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.2} from:SciTE.exe (4.1.2.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Tester\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Tester\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\au3.IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3
+>14:02:45 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\au3.IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3"
+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+BREAK to Stop.
!>14:02:46 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>14:02:46 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 1.551

>"C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\au3.IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3" /UserParams
+>14:03:36 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.2} from:SciTE.exe (4.1.2.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Tester\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Tester\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running AU3Check (3.3.15.3)  from:C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\Beta  input:C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\au3.IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3
+>14:03:37 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.15.3):C:\ProgFilesSelf\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\au3.IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3"
-Direct get test:
-method __keysau3 test:
-method __get test:
$oIDispatch.array = 111|222|333|444
$oIDispatch.bool = True
-method __set test:
$oIDispatch.string = 0
$oIDispatch.__string = 1
$oIDispatch.float = 2
$oIDispatch.array = 3
$oIDispatch.binary = 4
$oIDispatch.bool = 5
+>14:03:37 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:03:37 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.8606

This is the 1909 console

Spoiler
>"C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3" /UserParams    
+>14:32:49 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.0} from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Public\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Public\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Utilities\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3
+>14:32:49 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3"    
-Direct get test:
-method __keysau3 test:
-method __get test:
$oIDispatch.bool = True
-method __set test:
$oIDispatch.string = 0
$oIDispatch.__string = 1
$oIDispatch.float = 2
$oIDispatch.array = 3
$oIDispatch.binary = 4
$oIDispatch.bool = 5
+>14:32:50 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:32:50 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.835

>"C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3" /UserParams
+>14:09:44 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper (19.1127.1402.0} from:SciTE.exe (4.2.0.0)  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Public\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Public\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running AU3Check (3.3.15.3)  from:C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\Beta  input:C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3
+>14:09:44 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.15.3):C:\Utilities\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\Tester\Downloads\IDispatchASM 5-24-2020\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3"
!>14:09:46 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819
+>14:09:46 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 3221225477    Time: 3.221

...add to your code

ConsoleWrite('+ ReleaseId: ' & RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "ReleaseId") & @CRLF)

,to report what Win10 "class" is the user running. I think it may help on the console log.

Edited by argumentum
added console log

1 hour ago, argumentum said:

This is the 1607 console

Thank you for that. This is indeed a pickle. I got the beta portion narrowed down to it not liking the any of the direct get code and setting the dllstruct name directly by name. Commenting that portion out gets the rest of it working and gives me something to look at but I'm stumped for what would be going on between windows versions.

Local $aArray = [111, 222, 333]

$oIDispatch = IDispatchASM()
$oIDispatch.string = "string test"
$oIDispatch.__string = "__string test2"
$oIDispatch.array = $aArray
$oIDispatch.binary = Binary(12345678)
$oIDispatch.bool = True
$oIDispatch.dllStruct = DllStructCreate("BYTE t")
;~ $oIDispatch.dllStruct.t = 99

;~ ConsoleWrite('-Direct get test:' & @CRLF & _
;~      '$oIDispatch.string = ' & $oIDispatch.string & @CRLF & _
;~      '$oIDispatch.__string = ' & $oIDispatch.__string & @CRLF & _
;~      '$oIDispatch.float = ' & $oIDispatch.float & @CRLF & _
;~      '$oIDispatch.array[1] = ' & $oIDispatch.array[1] & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite('-method __keysau3 test:' & @CRLF)
Local $aKeyAU3s = $oIDispatch.__keysau3()
ConsoleWrite('$aKeyAU3s = ' & _ArrayToString($aKeyAU3s) & @CRLF)

ConsoleWrite('-method __get test:' & @CRLF)
For $k In $oIDispatch.__keysau3()
    $val = $oIDispatch.__get($k)
    ConsoleWrite('$oIDispatch.' & $k & ' = ' & (IsArray($val) ? _ArrayToString($val) : (IsDllStruct($val) ? DllStructGetData($val, 1) : $val)) & @CRLF)
Next

ConsoleWrite('-method __set test:' & @CRLF)
Local $i = 0
For $k In $oIDispatch.__keysau3()
    $oIDispatch.__set($k) = $i
    ConsoleWrite('$oIDispatch.' & $k & ' = ' & $oIDispatch.__get($k) & @CRLF)
    $i += 1
Next
>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "F:\AutoIt Scripts\FLAT Assembler\fasmg dll\IDispatchASM\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3" /UserParams    
+>14:51:22 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.19.102.1901.0 SciTE v.4.1.2.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\BJ\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\BJ\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.15.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta  input:F:\AutoIt Scripts\FLAT Assembler\fasmg dll\IDispatchASM\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3
+>14:51:22 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.15.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "F:\AutoIt Scripts\FLAT Assembler\fasmg dll\IDispatchASM\IdispatchASM_compiled_example.au3"    
+>Setting Hotkeys...--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
-method __keysau3 test:
-method __get test:
$oIDispatch.bool = True
$oIDispatch.dllStruct = 0
-method __set test:
$oIDispatch.string = 0
$oIDispatch.__string = 1
$oIDispatch.float = 2
$oIDispatch.array = 3
$oIDispatch.binary = 4
$oIDispatch.bool = 5
+>14:51:22 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>14:51:22 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.8726

2 hours ago, argumentum said:

how to "DllCall" a script to ...use it as 2 scripts ?

The way you quoted "Dllcall" here has got me a bit confused. Are you talking about splitting the example into a separate file with "include Idispatchasm.au3" so they are 2 scripts?

I found the issue going on with the betas and have reuploaded with the fix. The fix is updating the flags check to force a word value instead of default within the invoke method and should be done for 32bit as well even though its doesnt seem to be a problem. 

_('         .if word[wFlags] = DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET');.. line 207

18 minutes ago, Beege said:

The way you quoted "Dllcall" here has got me a bit confused

well, the way I had it in my head is that 1 script would have functions that can be called from another script. And thought it would be ala dll due to the iDispach. Am I too far off ?:baby: 

Edit: run in both PCs, a-OK :) 

Edited by argumentum