Howe secure is a compiled script?

twinnis

This is the basic information I've gathered in my mind from reading the forums.

Unfortunately for those interested in security, no program is perfect. If I remember correctly, with AutoIt the passphrase is inside the compiled .exe file (I forget exactly why, but it had to do with the compiler). With the "allow decompile" option unchecked this is a 256 character string, so bruteforcing a password is nearly impossible.

However, with any program, disassembling and reverse engineering is always possible. The Exe2Aut program, for example, was modified so that it does not need a password, and can get the script out of any .exe. Therefore, if anyone has that hacked Exe2Aut program, they will be able to get your source. There are ways to make it more difficult to read the script, such as with Obfuscators, but it will never be 100% safe with the current equipment.

That's enough for now. I really don't know that much about this, but I know there are plenty of discussions in the forums that would answer your question better.

This is the basic information I've gathered in my mind from reading the forums.

Unfortunately for those interested in security, no program is perfect. If I remember correctly, with AutoIt the passphrase is inside the compiled .exe file (I forget exactly why, but it had to do with the compiler). With the "allow decompile" option unchecked this is a 256 character string, so bruteforcing a password is nearly impossible.

However, with any program, disassembling and reverse engineering is always possible. The Exe2Aut program, for example, was modified so that it does not need a password, and can get the script out of any .exe. Therefore, if anyone has that hacked Exe2Aut program, they will be able to get your source. There are ways to make it more difficult to read the script, such as with Obfuscators, but it will never be 100% safe with the current equipment.

That's enough for now. I really don't know that much about this, but I know there are plenty of discussions in the forums that would answer your question better.

Thank you greenmachine!

As I said earlier, I really like this forum with SO active members.

Yes I know, nothing is perfect. :lmao:

Best regards

Twinnis