AutoIT and Linux (Wine)

• Moderators

IAHIM,

https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/wiki/AutoItNotOnToDoList

M23

Edit: Sorry, I see you mentioned Wine. Apparently you can run AutoIt under Wine, although some of the functions do not work correctly. Certainly there is no intention of changing anything in AutoIt to make it more compatible - development time is, as you have I hope now noticed, hard enough to come by for the main package.

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

2 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

IAHIM,

https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/wiki/AutoItNotOnToDoList

M23

Edit: Sorry, I see you mentioned Wine. Apparently you can run AutoIt under Wine, although some of the functions do not work correctly. Certainly there is no intention of changing anything in AutoIt to make it more compatible - development time is, as you have I hope now noticed, hard to come by for the main package.

Thank you M23. I was out for some years, but i have missed AutoIT. Getting slowly back in the game. 
Keep up the good work.

• Moderators

Mike25de,

Always a pleasure to see old members come back. You are arriving at an interesting time with the new release not too far off (we hope)!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have run several AutoIt scripts under wine successfully, it works pretty well. As for AutoIt natively running in Linux, it is pretty much impossible as M23 has pointed out... however, I am planning to start work on a cross-platform port of the AutoIt language, and Linux is the primary target of that project. You can see the thread (link in my signature) that I started a year ago where I discuss it. I hope to start work soon and you may see some results in the coming months.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

@Arjunpulika please stop reviving old posts, especially when you add nothing of value to the discussion.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!