I want to copy and paste specific text only

• Developers
7 minutes ago, charlie2charlie said:

I want to write a script to copy certain text that requires scrolling (as per gif), would this be possible of am i wasting my time?

That depends .....   care to start with giving the detail on what we are looking at?  (WebSIte or Program?)
WebSite: Start looking at the different options available to automate websites
Program: Start using au3info to get the control information.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok, thank you for replying.

I can access this same text  3 ways.

1) Chrome browser in a tab

2) Chrome browser as a pop-up window.

3) As a popup from a stand alone program.

Here are the autoit  infos from all 3.

1 & 2  via browser TAB and browser Pop up widget

And in the third attached picture the au3info doesnt  notice  different areas in the highlighted red 1& 2 areas, though I can select these areas individually using copy and paste.

image.png.03fb6a29a2801225936ba1a0aabb1760.png

3)mspaint_e5oLjRF0MW.png.caf093647162f10eb3f793adcfac4a7b.png

Au3Info_tFRQFC8q0K.png

Edited by charlie2charlie

• Developers

So all these 3 different options are all Chrome (embedded) applications, so one and the same.
... but it seems you are trying to automate some sort of online game ....right?
Did you read out forum rules with regard to game automation?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, Jos said:

So all these 3 different options are all Chrome (embedded) applications, so one and the same.
... but it seems you are trying to automate some sort of online game ....right?
Did you read out forum rules with regard to game automation?

Jos

Ah, I think I know what you are referring to, not, Im not automating a game.

The lists are the results from a poker tournament on Sky poker, I am helping doing league tables of  peoples finishing positions after a poker toutnament has ended.

We have a little fun league going based on our finishing positions in different tournaments.

SKy poker are giving prizes out fot the best finishers, so they have no objection to us looking at their code.

Here is a link to the thread where we are discussing implementing automating the tables.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/categories/poker-chat

At the moment, there is a lot of cutting and pasting Im looking at automating it.

• Developers

Ok ...  so have a look at either  the _IE??????  udf's in the helpfile to get the information 

or one of these:

-or-

or 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok , thank you.

Im not being lazy or wanting spoonfed  on exactly how to achieve what I want, I just wanted to know if  it was do-able in AUTOit.

I appreiciate your recommendated links thank you for taking the time to point me where i need to go. 

Take care.

Charlie

Edited by Jos
No need to quote whole posts. ;)

• Developers

You're welcome.... check back here when you have had a play with it and get stuck. :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If you decide to go the WebDriver route I suggest you have a look at

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks guys,

Ive had a look at the links / tutorials you have all provided and ever thing is way above my head and labour intensive.

I realise there needs  to be a bit of pain to gain. 

I was hoping Auto would provide a shortcut and nothing was a shortcut.

I may as well learn Java or what @rootx suggests, I will have a little look at this , until Im out of my depth.

Thanks for your time.@rootx@water @Jos