WinGetTitle Question

I am running a script on a windows server with the remote desktop closed and the script started via an AutoIt Console App

The script runs fine all day but at 2:00 in the morning the GUI application is stopped for nightly processing.

I am able to pause the script and restart the GUI and the autoit script runs fine, but after the GUI is restarted when it reaches the WinGetTitle code it never finds the Open Active Window ( and I verified the document is open)

Example of code below:

Local $sText = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]")  ; Retrieve the window title of the active window.

Thank you in advance

18 hours ago, JohnTWI said:

Local $sText = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]")  ; Retrieve the window title of the active window.

usually

Retrieves the full title from a window.

WinGetTitle ( "title" [, "text"] )

Parameters

title The title/hWnd/class of the window to get the title. See Title special definition.
text [optional] The text of the window to get the title. Default is an empty string. See Text special definition.

where is your hWnd in your code ?

find with au3info tools  and give it

i had problems with AutoIt scripts behaving... badly, whenever i disconnected from a Remote Desktop session on a... i think it was "Windows Server 2012 R2"? (possibly Windows Server 2016)
i solved it by using SysInternals Autologon utility from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon 

making the system automatically login on the administrator account on reboot, then rebooting, and switching from Remote Desktop to TeamViewer... 

after that, i had no more issues from disconnecting =/

Edited by HansHenrik

On 5/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, HansHenrik said:

i had problems with AutoIt scripts behaving... badly, whenever i disconnected from a Remote Desktop session on a... i think it was "Windows Server 2012 R2"? (possibly Windows Server 2016)
i solved it by using SysInternals Autologon utility from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autologon 

making the system automatically login on the administrator account on reboot, then rebooting, and switching from Remote Desktop to TeamViewer... 

after that, i had no more issues from disconnecting =/

HansHenrik

Question if I connect to the server via TeamViewer and then submit a script and then disconnect from Team Viewer the script should continue without any issues?

Thank you in advance for your response.

20 hours ago, JohnTWI said:

HansHenrik

Question if I connect to the server via TeamViewer and then submit a script and then disconnect from Team Viewer the script should continue without any issues?

Thank you in advance for your response.

correct. 

but i can't say the same for Windows's Remote Desktop Connection, disconnecting from RDC caused problems with running AutoIt scripts for me, but disconnecting from TeamViewer didn't cause any problems

On 5/30/2020 at 6:32 AM, mikell said:

... or the currently active window has no title. Using [ "active"] can be tricky

Yes after I restart the GUI the open "Active" window is never found again,

On 5/30/2020 at 6:32 AM, mikell said:

... or the currently active window has no title. Using [ "active"] can be tricky

20 hours ago, mikell said:

Does your gui have a title ?

Yes CPSI, the application is recycled nightly, After restarting the gui application I go to a document view in the gui and open a document in the view, when the document opens that's when the WinGetTitle fails.  Works fine until the gui application is recycled, my script is also running in console mode started via Remote Desktop.