TCP over internet

erifash

I have a couple of quick questions:

1. Do AutoIt's TCP functions work over the internet?

2. If so, do I have to enable port fowarding?

3. Could AutoIt do this automatically?

4. Can anyone give me some example code that works over the internet?

Thank you.

Edited by erifash

Man I need help with this too. TCP is being funky for me. I have 2 computers here at home on a network. One's wireless, the other (mine), is attached. What's weird is that I can't get TCP stuff to work from this comp (attached) to that one (wireless), but it works fine from that one to this one. Plus, once that one has a connection with this one, this one can respond fine, and that one picks up the responses. But no matter what, I can't go from this comp to that one. It doesn't make sense.

And neither did this post....

[edit]

Watch this.. cool visual analogy time. (The dots don't mean anything, the forum just wouldn't let me have lots of spaces. Maybe a codebox would have done it, but oh well.)

Wireless comp = A

Wired comp (mine) = B

...........................|.......................

A ---------------------------------> B

A <-------------------------------> B

...........................| <-------------- B

So, A can contact B over any port, no problem. If A has contacted B, B can respond to A over the same port. However, B can't contact A on its own from any port, doing anything. Why? I have no idea. That's why I'm here; I could really use some help on this.

[/edit]

Edited by greenmachine

Man I need help with this too. TCP is being funky for me. I have 2 computers here at home on a network. One's wireless, the other (mine), is attached. What's weird is that I can't get TCP stuff to work from this comp (attached) to that one (wireless), but it works fine from that one to this one. Plus, once that one has a connection with this one, this one can respond fine, and that one picks up the responses. But no matter what, I can't go from this comp to that one. It doesn't make sense.

And neither did this post....

[edit]

Watch this.. cool visual analogy time. (The dots don't mean anything, the forum just wouldn't let me have lots of spaces. Maybe a codebox would have done it, but oh well.)

Wireless comp = A

Wired comp (mine) = B

A ---------------------------------> B

A <-------------------------------> B

...........................| <-------------- B

So, A can contact B over any port, no problem. If A has contacted B, B can respond to A over the same port. However, B can't contact A on its own from any port, doing anything. Why? I have no idea. That's why I'm here; I could really use some help on this.

[/edit]

Does A have The Windows Firewall turned on?

Also, what are their IPs, subnet, the whole shabang.

more info = better answers.

Edited by blademonkey

---"Educate the Mind, Make Savage the Body" -Mao Tse Tung

Hate to burst your bubble, but I actually figured that out before you posted. It was 2:33 am when you posted, and I had solved it and gone to bed way before that.

However, that was the network. That wasn't the initial topic of this thread. The initial topic was dealing with TCP over the internet. I tried that as well with a friend, and had no luck. We both did port forwarding to see if that would make a difference, and it didn't. Why would that still fail? If both parties have ports available to use, and access to them from either side, shouldn't that do it?

It works at school in my computer classroom, so that's cool. I just wish I could extend the reach outside of a network.

I have just tried an application using tcp/ip created with AutoIT, over the internet. My PC is at home I am at work, providing you set up port forwarding on the router and have correct permission in the firewall then it works OK

Ahhh! Finally! I tried port fowarding and a static ip but I guess it screwed something up and knocked out my internet connection for all of yesterday! ;) I reset the changes so I guess it just needs a little bit of time to get everything worked out. :lmao: Thanks for the info!

Edited by erifash

Ahhh! Finally! I tried port fowarding and a static ip but I guess it screwed something up and knocked out my internet connection for all of yesterday! ;) I reset the changes so I guess it just needs a little bit of time to get everything worked out. :lmao: Thanks for the info!

If you want a DNS resolution because of DHCP IP address go to no-ip.com

you can then use a myname.redirectme.net name