Is dynamic SERC StringRegExpReplace possible please?

Hi folks, 

Thank you so much in advance for your help!  I've been using AUTOIT for manipulating gcode.  So far I've just worked through the excellent help examples and although I'm sure the resulting code is clumsy it has functioned :) 

However now I'm trying to improve and advance things and I've stumbled across REGEX.. and I'm a bit stuck.  What I would like to be able to do is to 'move'/'transform' the gcode in a file and re-write it to a new file.  I only need to move it in one direction(X).  At the heart of this I need a script to extract all the X values and then ADD or SUBTRACT an adjustment factor to transform and rewrite the code accordingly.

So far using an example script and an example input -

Func Test2()

Local $iMove = -4
    Local $sInput = '"G1 X45.036 Y6.934 F7800.000 G1 Z0.600 F7800.000 G1 F900 G1 X48.036 Y1.076 E0.58925"'
    Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sInput, '(?<=[X])\d+.\d+', '\0')
    Display($sInput, $sOutput)
EndFunc   ;==>Test2

This identifies the correct values i.e 45.036 and 48.036 but is there a way to dyamically adjust them before they are replaced, by for example a factor of -4 ($iMove above).  So far I can't seem to do math on the '\0' value i.e '\0'+ -4 ?

Many thanks for your time and expertise!

Thank you both for your help.. Wow it works, although I don't really understand the execute line and all the brackets etc..

I had seen Execute() referred to in some of the scripts but there's almost nothing on it in the Help of Autoit so I'll have to get to know it.

Now I just need to build it into the rest of my setup.   Best wishes to you both :) 

22 hours ago, ni3dprint said:

although I don't really understand the execute line and all the brackets etc..

Sorry for the lack of explanations  :>

You can't use a function (in this case, Execute an operation) directly inside the "replace" part of a SRER
So the concept is to build a new string from the subject string by replacing each match by a string including the function, and then apply Execute on this new string

Local $iMove = -4
$old = "G1 X45.036 Y6.934 F7800.000 G1 Z0.600 F7800.000 G1 F900 G1 X48.036 Y1.076 E0.58925"

$string = "'" & StringRegExpReplace($old, "(?<=X)\d+.\d+", "' & Execute('$0+' & $iMove) & '") & "'"
Msgbox(0,"new string", $string)

$new = Execute($string)
Msgbox(0,"result", $old & @crlf & $new)

Hmm was it clear ?  :huh2:

• Moderators

mikell,

Hmm was it clear ?

Perfectly - and a nice piece of lateral thinking to get there. Bravo!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 2 months later...

Thanks Mikell for your help a while back with this... all pretty mind blowing stuff :)

Now I have another slight issue - because the values have 3 or so decimal places when I apply the calculation I'm getting 10+ decimal places in the output.  How can I reduce the result to 3 decimal places please?  I've tried inserting Round into the script above in several different ways but no joy so far.  I wonder is there a way to set a variable for the entire script that keeps the precision of all calculations to 3 decimal places?

Thanks!

Julian

Hi Folks,

I may have solved it myself at least in a clumsy way - it looks like it may just be the old 'floating point arithmetic' issue?

Local $new = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($original, "(?<=X)-?\d+\.\d+", "' & Execute('$0' & $or & $xmin) & '") & "'")
$Final = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($new, "(?<=Y)-?\d+\.\d+", "' & Execute('$0' & $or & $ymin) & '") & "'")
$Finally = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($Final, "(?<=[X,Y])-?\d+\.\d+", "' & Execute(Round('$0',3)) & '") & "'")

Thanks Mikell, thats a bit tidier than mine although it did the job :)

incidentally in the regex above -   (?<=X)-?\d+\.\d+ 

this will pick up any digits after an X and with a decimal, however if I want it to include digits with no decimal can this be done?

i.e it will pick up X0.0 but it won't find X0?

I did try but gave up and ended up just adding .0 to all single digits ;)