[Solved] help with button/link click

Hello! Thanks you for looking at my post

**No source code I'm sorry work related can't copy information**

I've been using autoit for about 1 year. 

I'm having trouble automating a click on an internet explorer web page and I've tried a lot of examples from help pages and forums already. The object I'm trying to click on isnt always in the same spot so I can't use mouse click or control click, I have tried to use the different get collection options and clickbyname, or index or get object. I'm just struggling. 

Description of object I'm trying to click -- 

HTML Code looks like <a ng-click.. "Click Here" it appears it's just a click able object named "click here" that opens a hidden window by running a script inside the web page. I'm not able to grab the information from the window unless it's open so I have to automate this click somehow. 

I understand it's difficult to assist without having something to look at, I apologize for that sincerely and appreciate and assistance and suggestions. 

Edited by Jamestay97
Issue solved

Danp2, 

Yes I have tried the clickbytext and clickbyindex it seems like when I used a MsgBox to display the clickbyindex options it was there but can't be clicked for some reason. Using F5 in Sci yielding the usual not found error. 

<!-- ngIf: !orderTaskDetail.order&&isAdditionalInfoExist() -->
<td class="ng-scope" ng-if="!orderTaskDetail.order&amp;&amp;isAdditionalInfoExist()">
                <a ng-click="showAdditionalInfo(orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo)" ng-show="orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo">
                    Click Here
                </a>
            </td>

The above text is for the "click here" button/link and below I'm linking my new problem which is a drop down list in the same instance.

<select class="inputTxt taskDetailsPrDisp ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" style="margin-left: 15px;" ng-change="selectPrimaryDisposition()" ng-model="viewTaskDetails.taskDetail.currPrimaryDispId" ng-options="item.id as item.value for item in viewTaskDetails.taskDetail.availablePrimaryDisps"><option selected="selected" value="">--Select--</option><option value="number:6205" label="Complete">Complete</option><option value="number:6206" label="Incomplete">Incomplete</option><option value="number:6345" label="Unable to Resolve - Send to PAC for Handling">Unable to Resolve - Send for Handling</option></select>

My current version of the code is pretty long and I've tried multiple things.  I'm mainly having an issue trying to find the form name and the object names. 

but for something like a radio button on the same page I was able to make something like this.. 

$oIE = _IEAttach("SMART")
   $sHtml=_IEBodyReadHTML($oIE)
$aArray = _StringBetween($sHtml, "rate.a.call.poor", "rate.a.call.no.contact")
$sString = _ArrayToString($aArray, " ", 0, 0)
$aArray1 = _StringBetween($sString, 'name="' , "class")
$sString1 = _ArrayToString($aArray1, " ", 0, 0)
$sStringLen = StringLen($sString1)
$final = StringLeft($sString1, $sStringLen - 2)
$oRadio = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,$final)
_IEAction($oRadio,"Click")

then for the text box on the same page is this...

$oObj = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,"comment")
_IEPropertySet($oObj,"innertext","Account is CSG unable to complete task.")

22 minutes ago, Jamestay97 said:

ng-click

This is indicative of a website using AngularJS, which has proven problematic to automate.

25 minutes ago, Jamestay97 said:

but for something like a radio button on the same page I was able to make something like this.. 

Why would you need to do this? Does the name dynamically change each time?

3 hours ago, Jamestay97 said:

I did look into frames, but I will also check again. The error was similar but it was specifically mentioning the name of the object I was trying to get, so "Click Here" not found  

This is too vague. Show us the actual error message if you want meaningful help. 😉

Sure thing, here's some examples of what I've tried so far. 

#include <IE.au3>
$oObj = _IEGetObjByName($oIE,"showAdditionalInfo(orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo)")
_IEAction($oObj, "click")
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch (Name: showAdditionalInfo(orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo), Index: 0)
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEAction(click), $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType

This code does not yield an error in SciTE however does not produce a click to the object.

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IEAttach("SMART")

Local $sMyString = "Click Here"
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
For $oLink In $oLinks
    Local $sLinkText = _IEPropertyGet($oLink, "innerText")
    If StringInStr($sLinkText, $sMyString) Then
       _IEAction($oLink,"focus")
       sleep(500)
        _IEAction($oLink, "click")
        sleep(500)
        _IEAction($oLink, "enable")
        sleep(500)
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

Here's another example, same kind of $_IESTATUS_NoMatch

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "ng-scope")
$oText = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "showAdditionalInfo(orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo)")
$oAction = _IEAction($oText,"Click")
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEAction(Click), $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.3138

Again this is the HTML it looks like it's part of a table so I'm going to try to edit my script to pander towards an IE table and see if  that resolves the issue.

<td class="ng-scope" ng-if="!orderTaskDetail.order&amp;&amp;isAdditionalInfoExist()">
                <a ng-click="showAdditionalInfo(orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo)" ng-show="orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo">
                    Click Here
                </a>
            </td>

"showAdditionalInfo(orderTaskDetail.task.additionalInfo)" and "ng-scope" aren't valid element names, so the errors you received are expected.

In the code where you loop through all links, there's no way to tell if it found the desired link. You should add a ConsoleWrite or a MessageBox for diagnostic purposes.

I will attempt to do that would you mind including that in the source code I provided? 

I would prefer a msgbox but I'm not sure how to make it cycle for each link found.

thank you again!

edit: this is what I tried however the msgbox is coming up blank.

edit2: I got the msgbox working but the "Click Here" link was not included in the list of links. Possibly because it's in the table?

For $oLink In $oLinks
    Local $sLinkText = _IEPropertyGet($oLink, "innerText")
    msgbox(0,"",$sLinkText & @Extended)
    If StringInStr($sLinkText, $sMyString) Then
       _IEAction($oLink,"focus")

Edited by Jamestay97
updated code

This is an update to the code I've been working on as far as the object being in a table..

The ArrayDisplay shows the "Click Here" value in row 11 - col 2 .. included a screenshot .. hooray!(sort've)

The click portion of the code isn't doing anything still, but no errors in sciTE

Heres the code. 

$oTable = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, 1)
$aTableData = _IETableWriteToArray ($oTable)
_ArrayDisplay($aTableData); have I got the right table
$oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)
For $oLink In $oLinks
    If StringInStr($oLink.href , "Click " ) Then
    EndIf
Next
_IELoadWait( $oIE )

screenshot61020.png

Edited by Jamestay97
explanation of code behavior

You may want to try this :

#include <IE.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

$oTable = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, 1)
$aTableData = _IETableWriteToArray ($oTable)
_ArrayDisplay($aTableData); have I got the right table
$oLinks = _IETagNameGetCollection ($oTable, "a")
For $oLink In $oLinks
  ConsoleWrite (_IEPropertyGet ($oLink, "innertext") & @CRLF)
    If StringInStr($oLink.innerText , "Click" ) Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next
_IELoadWait( $oIE )