Why can't I open the autohotkey-specific scite editor?

36 minutes ago, jaja714 said:

Why can't I open the ahk-specific scite editor?

You should better ask this question in the appropriate forumarea of SciTE or AutoHotKey -> https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/

It looks like you have AutoIt and AutoHotKey installed in parallel. Possibly a reinstallation of SciTE4AutoHotkey may help (without guarantee) ;).

EDIT : Have a look e.g. at : using-scite-for-both-autoit-and-autohotkey

Since I do not work with AHK, I am sorry that I cannot offer you any further solutions :(.

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Thanks so much.  I read that post before but didn't notice the answer was kind of buried. 

The solution involved shutting down SciTE and then executing the AHK-specific version of SciTE, open "options=>user properties" and add the line "check.if.already.open=0".  Save the file and ... voila ... AHK files now open with the AHK-specific version of SciTE and au3 opens with the AutoIt version.

In actuality, I think none of this has anything to do with AutoIt or AHK but, rather SciTE itself.  Alas, there does not seem to be an SciTE forum.  

Further, I think there might be a better solution by merging the files (global.properties, ahk.api, etc...) from both installation directories.  Unfortunately, I don't know how exactly but I think it's just a matter of teaching whatever version of SciTE you choose to run how to handle different languages ... kind of like Eclipse.  For now, I think I'll just stick to the "check.if.already.open=0" solution.

• Developers
3 hours ago, jaja714 said:

In actuality, I think none of this has anything to do with AutoIt or AHK but, rather SciTE itself.

Correct...   You just configured SciTE to open an instance for each file separately and stop checking whether an instance of SciTE is already running. ;) 

3 hours ago, jaja714 said:

Alas, there does not seem to be an SciTE forum.

There is one ....sort of: https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/scite

The version I publish can be ran portable at which time the user config files will be located within the directory the program is stored and all SCITE related Environment variables need to be removed.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)