Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This file includes all the source codes and a compiled .exe version of zPlayer, which is a stand-alone, simple, intuitive and easy-to-use, yet fully functional media player. I made this to suit my purpose and you can tweak it to your taste. The source code is only about 1200 lines and only standard include files were used.
zPlayer was my first AutoIt project through which I was hoping to learn coding. A media player capable of playing back audio and video files was my initial goal, but video was beyond my capcity for my lack of coding experience. So zPlayer was born as an audio-only player and remained so up to Version 126.96.36.199.
Just recently I decided to add video function to zPlayer now that I had gained some experience. I thought it would be possible, but I didn't expect it to be this simple. I made minimal changes to the existing code and added only about 80 lines and, voila, I have an integrated audio and video player, starting from Version 188.8.131.52.
This player has the following features:
- Play back all formats of media files which can be palyed back by the Windows Media Player in your computer
- Video window is independent of other windows and, when it is maximized, increases the immersiveness of the user
- Graphical player similar to embedded Windows Media Player
- Forward, backward, pause, repeat, shuffle funtion
- Increase/decrease/mute sound volume
- Change folders and create playlist for all media files in that folder and its subfolders, and support for manually-made playlists
- Save play-back environment when terminating and resume that environment when restarting
- With one click, you can see internet search results for the file selected in playlist
- With a double-click, you can play back an item in the playlist
- Search strings in the playlist
- Option to see long file names including folder names
- Resize the playlist and video windows, and restore them to their default positions
- Very small footprint: very low CPU and memory usage, with only about 1MB when compiled
- You can even hide all the windows and manipulate the player with hotkeys only
Note: zPlayer is the name I used when I introduced the early version of this palyer in my blog back in early 2009 and, therefore, has nothing to do with the mobile media player of the same name which started marketing in 2015.
I have been working on audio graphical scripts these last several months.
This is my last script on this subject for now. On to other projects.
Credits: UEZ, Eukalyptus, BrettF, Prog@ndy, Authenticity and the AutoIt Community.
Thanks to all that made these scripts possible!
Please let me know if you have any problems with it.
LIVE Stereo Audio Waveform v2.zip