Having trouble with PRINTUI arguements exporting Printer Drivers.

Afternoon all,

I am working on a PRINTUI script that does various things but at the moment I am tackling exporting drivers from a network server to another domain location. this is the case I have so far.

Case $Exportdriverb

GetPrintServer()
            GetPrinterName()
            $Filepath = "\\" & $PrintServer & "\" & $PrinterNameString
            $DriverFilePath = "\\EPEPS007\printer_configs$\DATs\config.dat"
            RunAsWait ($Username, "SL6.MYCompany-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n ' & $FilePath /a "\\EPEPS007\printer_configs$\DATs\config.dat")

This is only the case section but it stands alone other then variables coming into it. I use the RunAsWait command in other area's of the script and it works. 

I also tried this and it gave me an unknown function name error.

RunAsWait ($Username, "SL6.MYCompany-INT.ORG $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n '  "\\PRINTER\ITD0042" /a "\\EPPEPS007\printer_configs$\DATs\config.dat")

This section works to bring up printer properties with no issues so most of the script is correct. It seems to not like the /a but not sure.

RunAsWait ($Username, "SL6.MYCompany-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /p /n ' & $FilePath & '', "")

According to microsoft this is the format it should take: 

RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n "printer" /a "file.dat"

I am sure I am just putting the arguements in wrong but have tried everything I can think of. It doesn't like the /a. but according to microsoft and all other websites out there it should be in there. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you.

So update.. I have verified that this command is working in command prompt.

RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n "\\PRINTSERVER\ITD0042" /a "\\pepeps007\printer_configs$\DATs\config.dat"

This is my current line and its almost running! There are no errors and grammar seems correct. Only thing is that Its still not recognizing the /a

RunAsWait ($Username, "SLSS12.MYCOMP-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n', "\\PRINTSERVER\ITD0042", '/a', "\\pepeps007\printer_configs$\DATs\config.dat")

temp.au3

Can anyone think of any other grammar rules that the /a needs to be surrounded by? Its not erroring out currently but its acting like it does not see the /a.

Try this :

RunAsWait ($Username, "SLSS12.MYCOMP-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, _
    'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n "\\PRINTSERVER\ITD0042" /a "\\pepeps007\printer_configs$\DATs\config.dat"')

Sorry one more question. I am replacing the text in the line with variables. How would I format it if I got rid of the static line with variables like this? Its not working currently with added variables. I am sure its grammar once again.

GetPrintServer()
GetPrinterName()
GetFileName()
$Filepath = "\\" & $PrintServer & "\" & $PrinterNameString

RunAsWait ($Username, "SLSS12.MYCOMP-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n $Filepath /a "\\pepeps007\printer_configs$\DATs\" & $FileNameString')

The filepath is coming out correctly with MSGBOX so it should be going to the correct print server and printer like I had put it in as text but its not connecting with the printer when adding it as a variable. 

Output of Filepath: \\PRINTSERVER\ITD0042 which is correct.

How would the grammar change when taking out the text and replacing with variables?

Thank you!

Try following to see the output command

ConsoleWrite('RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n $Filepath /a "\\pepeps007\printer_configs$\DATs\" & $FileNameString' & @CRLF)

You can try this 

'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n ' & $Filepath & ' /a "\\pepeps007\printer_configs$\DATs\" ' & $FileNameString

Notice the use of "&" to concatenate (combine) strings. More info can be found at Language Reference - Datatypes.

Remember to print that to console to see if you get what you are expecting.

TY. I was able to get it working like this.

RunAsWait ($Username, "SLSS12.MYCOMP-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n' & $Filepath & ' /a ' & $FileNamePath & '')

TY for the nudge in the right direction.

It will work I believe only if there is no blank inside the $Filepath and $FileNamePath.  To ensure robustness, embed those 2 variables with double-quotes :

RunAsWait ($Username, "SLSS12.MYCOMP-INT.ORG", $Password, $RUN_LOGON_NETWORK, 'RUNDLL32.EXE PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /Ss /n "' & $Filepath & '" /a "' & $FileNamePath & '"')