Help Plz - (Locked)

Hi

I'm new to writing codes and want to learn autoit. If anyone has the time to help me would be so great PM ME PLEASE. I 'am also after any discord sever to chat on please i'm to new to use the chat service on this website ty.

First, welcome! Don't worry, you'll be up to the required 20 posts to get into the chat section in no time :)

We're always happy to help anyone who's willing to put in the effort, that's what these forums are all about. Do you have a project that you're thinking of or working on? I really find that the best way to learn more of this stuff is to start. You start small and break it down into tiny repeatable pieces. As you learn more, you can make your project do more for you or do things in a better way. While I wish I could open my mouth and teach you to program with words, I can't do that well. You have to tell us what problem you have, and we can help point you in the right direction and give you tips along the way. I think programming is more of a personal experience than a teaching one.

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

To reinforce what saedoggie said, first you need to start. So open a new script in AutoIt and give it a name with a type of .au3. You know what your project needs to do so think about the first thing it would do.  Would it open a file? Start by typing "open" into your script. Nothing happens. So back that off and start to type "file". You will see a whole bunch of options in the dropdown that appears. Select one of them, eg "FileOpen".  Now press F1 (help). Up will pop the contextual help file telling you what fileopen does. There will be examples in the helpfile. If you select "Open this Script" in the help it will open automatically in your Scite editor. You can then press F5 and run it.  Study it and then copy the bits you need into your project. The run time error messages will tell you roughly where your error is, look carefully at them and try to figure out what they are saying. After this it is plain sailing. think of something, try it, hit help, read the documentation and come back here if you get stuck.

AutoIt is a comprehensive development tool and the contextual help is just fantastic. You have chosen a great tool to start with.

Phil Seakins

Thank You So Much For Your Reply my projects atm is to automate games and making auto logins and just helper bots for windows i have just learnt how to use the func pixelgetcolur is there a add on that would let me search for pictures on desktop and also in games or a program to pick up on senctes  please.

• Moderators

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!