Change ProductVersion

Hi,

I am using 3.3.8.1 and Scite lite. I would like to change the ProductVersion of an exe file created with AutoIt.

I know it can be done with full version of Scite and AutoIt 3.3.14 (with AutoitWrapper of Scite). But since of many script breaking changes I don't want to upgrade to AutoIt 3.3.14; even 3.3.10 make problems with my code.

What options do I have to change ProductVersion? 

Regards
Dolphins

Edited by dolphins

• Developers
6 minutes ago, dolphins said:

I know it can be done with full version of Scite and AutoIt 3.3.14 (with AutoitWrapper of Scite).

You can simply only update to the full SciTE4AutoIt3 and stick with your old AutoIt3 version. .....should work fine.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos

That is what I tried first. I had AutoIt 3.3.8.1 installed with Scite lite. When I try to install Scite full version (4.2.0) I get errors already when installing. There are include files missing. I tried to create empty include files, but when there are other errors. The 3.3.8.1 version of AutoIt has problems with parts of the code from Scite.

I tried an older version of Scite (3.6), but with the same errors as 4.2.
If you can help on this, I would be happy.

@Shark007
Thanks a lot. That is of course possible. There are several tools available for doing the job of changing the productversion. I could also write a program in another language and so on. But I really would like to do it with AutoIt.

Regards
Dolphins

• Developers
4 minutes ago, dolphins said:

That is what I tried first. I had AutoIt 3.3.8.1 installed with Scite lite. When I try to install Scite full version (4.2.0) I get errors already when installing. There are include files missing. I tried to create empty include files, but when there are other errors. The 3.3.8.1 version of AutoIt has problems with parts of the code from Scite.

I tried an older version of Scite (3.6), but with the same errors as 4.2.
If you can help on this, I would be happy.

Are you getting Autoit3Wrapper errors or something?

You could always copy your 3.3.8.1 setup to a separate directory and install the latest and greatest AutoIt3 & FUll SciTE4AutoIt3 and then add the following directive to your script which still requires the old AutoIt3 version:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir=c:\path\to\autoit3\3.3.8.1

Jos  

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 10 months later...

I am back to this problem. Unfortunately I can't remember what I did in July 2020 exactly. I could find out that I installed full version of AutoIt 3.14.5 on that day in July.

But I can't figure out what I did exactly. I still want to change the product version and I need to compile with 3.3.8.1 since of script breaking changes. I have installed 3.3.8.1 with SciTE lite in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3. And I have installed full version of AutoIt 3.14.5 in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3_33145.

How can I now compile the .au3-files and change the product version? If I would just compile it with 3.14.5 I run into the script breaking changes.

You need to do the contrary.  Follow the steps :

1- uninstall autoit completely and remove all directories

2- install 3.3.8.1 in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

3- rename the folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3.3.8.1

4- install 3.3.14.5 and FULL version of Scite in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

5- open your script and add the following directive at the very beginning

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3.3.8.1

ps. Tested with Alpha version  and working fine