Hotkeys with multiple letter triggers - (Moved)

back when I was still doing autohotkey you could write (in code) spanisha::á

and whenever you were in google docs or notepad you could type (in the document) spanisha  and it instantly turns it into á 

I tried doing this in autoit, here's what I have so far (my entire code so if this language requires a main function or a return/exit to function properly please let me know):

;is this a proper comment?
HotKeySet ( "spanisha" , "SendAltered" )

Func SendAltered()
    Send("á", flag = 0);

EndFunc

I assume that autoit follows a sort of contemporary hotkey pressing model where you have to hold all keys at the same time? which makes this impossible. So

I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround for this? or maybe an alternative to HotKeySet()

I have a vague memory of someone saying that doing something like spanisha:á would work. I don't know if I'm slightly off syntax but this doesn't work.

Also I tried doing 

;is this a proper comment?
;HotKeySet ( "a" , "SendAltered" )

;spanisha::á

Func SendAltered()
    Send("á");

EndFunc

just to try and debug,

I'm also wondering if my approach is fundamentally wrong since HotKeySet() was made for something like !^A. Or if Send() is syntactically wrong.

I'm also noticing on these forums that specifying installation is important so to whom it may concern I downloaded both installers, editor and main files. Although I'm about to be real mad if the editor installation makes a difference.

I did this, it's stringtrigger, the way i did it, is store the typed keys, and when they match a word i want, something happens, can be starting an app or pasting text, after deleting the trigger word.

I think you can do the same, but it's not as simple as you show there.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

7 minutes ago, careca said:

I did this, it's stringtrigger, the way i did it, is store the typed keys, and when they match a word i want, something happens, can be starting an app or pasting text, after deleting the trigger word.

I think you can do the same, but it's not as simple as you show there.

Be careful what you show, it could be considered a keylogger by your own definition of it.

6 hours ago, Somerset said:

Be careful what you show, it could be considered a keylogger by your own definition of it.

Careca posted his tool > 2 years ago. So far the Mods didn't have a problem with it.

I wonder why the OP would enter 8 characters to have it replaced with a single character :huh2:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum.

Moderation Team

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area