How can Parse JSON / XML with vanilla AutoIT?

This is a question without a code sample because I have not done this.   

I do not want to use any UDF's or non-standard includes for this. 

I have been using a custom delimited text file as a "database" and would prefer to use JSON or something XML like.  With PHP or Javascript I can parse through to specific nodes and get  and set what I need, though I have no idea how to do that with AutoIT.   

I have read through the help file and do use the built-in include file functions to read in and write out to files.  How can I do this in a specific format JSON for example?  Writing it out I can figure out but how do you get or retrieve a specific JSON node for example?    I see two ways to bring in files or lines from a file. Array or String...   then what?   

I don't see anything other than bring in the entire file via string or array...  parse via regex???   I guess I need a direction to start.  

Thanks.

Then learn how to program or use a udf. You never answered the question as to why you can’t use one that’s already written. You don’t even know how to program and you don’t want to use anything that’s already written? It doesn’t make any sense

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

6 hours ago, Earthshine said:

You never answered the question as to why you can’t use one that’s already written.

I do not want to use one that is already written.

I was looking for some guidance on starting this that others here may be aware of though I do not want to use something already completed.  I have enough file parsing experience to figure it out.

6 hours ago, Earthshine said:

You don’t even know how to program and you don’t want to use anything that’s already written? It doesn’t make any sense

I prefer to come up with my own solution though I am not sure of a starting approach.  Have you ever just wanted to write something to see if you can do it and help you understand things better?   I want to learn by doing and not have something done by others that may have their own approach.  I call it being creative.

I have never parsed JSON / XML using AutoIT.. I have done it with other languages that have built-in methods to do that.  AutoIT does not seem to have this, I am not sure where to start.

I am searching other places for ideas.  I may post results of what I am doing depending on rudeness level of responses.

Thank you for your concern.