Gaming - Monitoring Log Files For New Entries/Triggers - (Locked)

Hello,

Firstly, I ask for your patience as I'm inexperienced with many things to do with scripting. I have created a few things through searching online and piecing things together and/or modifying them.  Also, I appreciate all the assistance you provide.

I have what I assume to be a simple script I'm trying to make for a game.

Long story short, the game produces log files in .txt format on my pc for each action that takes place.

I'm looking to make a script to access the log files, and only monitor new incoming logs for certain key phrases that will operate as a trigger to determine the next action.

The game has an intricate crafting system and I would like to automate parts of it.

Basically the script would run like this:

1. When I turn on the script, it begins to monitor the log file

2. I perform the first in-game ACTION (a hotkey) manually, which will result in either a fail message or a success message.

a. Fail message typically means an item needs to be repaired, so script will output the hotkey that performs the REPAIR function in game, waits for a log entry indicating repair was complete, then script repeats ACTION hotkey output

b. Success message indicates a success and what next tool is needed to continue, so the script will output a hotkey to change tools based on the tool indicated in the log file, then script will repeat ACTION hotkey output

3. The script must only act on new entries created after the start of the first action in the script, as the log will already have many prior entries with the associated triggers located inside.

So if someone could give me script examples or point me to the right resources to learn them myself I'd greatly appreciate it.

The thing I most likely need the most help figuring out how to do are:

1. How to have the script first access the log to begin with, ignore all prior entries, and then only react to new entries that have populated since the time the script is started.

2. How to have the script determine which output based on the trigger

(e.g. current tool is hammer and log indicates a hammer is needed to continue then proceed to output "ctrl+f" which is a hotkey for action in the game. if current tool is hammer and log indicates a shovel is needed to continue then output "ctrl+2" [shovel hotkey in-game] to switch tools then proceed to output "ctrl+f" to perform the in-game action)

I apologize if I'm missing any key information. Please let me know if you need anything else in order to help create this script.

Regards,

Mike

• Moderators

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!