Setting The State Of A Checkbox In A Script

I'm trying to write an AutoIt3 script to set various options in a dialog. The dialog has checkboxes for setting states of the options. I will not know the state of these checkboxes when the script runs, but I do need to set them to a specific state of either on or off (depending).

Basically my problem is I don't seem to be able to put a checkmark in a checkbox regardless of the current state of the checkbox. {SPACE} seems to be the only thing that'll change the state of the checkbox, but it just toggles it. I need to make sure it's checked. If I run the script once it will check the box, the next time it will uncheck it, and this is what I'm trying to avoid.

I seem to recall with Windows 98 you could use the plus and minus keys to do just what I'm after, but with Windows XP (the OS I need to get this working on) that doesn't work.

Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!

Right. Have used V2.6x for a long time and am going to have to get used to some of the fancy new things in V3 like ControlBlah. Thanks for the reminder that it's there. Will give it a try.

Though I wish Microsoft would have left in some of these keyboard shortcuts in Windows XP that they had in 98. If they had we could have avoided some of this foolishness.

Thanks again.

My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!