setup remote desktop

I am a computer technician. i was wondering if there is a way to set up autoit to automatic setup remote desktop connection settings when a user click onto one exe file. For example, i would send a small autoit exe file to my client, that script will enable remote desktop on that computer, open window's firewall and pop up the computer ip address. I will then use that ip address to connect to that computer from my house. Thanks!

Well as you should know as a computer technician, the internet has a way of being extremely anonymous. Therefore, no one here can be certain you are what you say you are, and no one can guarantee that you have completely good intentions with that script.

Also, if you truly are a computer technician, shouldn't you be able to walk someone through the setup process yourself?

I, for one, will most likely not help you because the possibilities of this turning into a virus-like program are huge.

• Moderators

I used this in a login script to enable remote desktop on all our machines, and of course it is also set in our domain policy to only allow domain admins to login using RD. The computer will also need to be rebooted after the change.

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server", "fDenyTSConnection", "REG_DWORD", 0)

For the firewall settings here is an example:

netsh firewall add portopening protocol=TCP port=80 name=Web Server (TCP 80) mode=ENABLE scope=SUBNET profile=DOMAIN

I use a small application I made up using UltraVNC SC. I use this because some of my customers are behind routers and Remote Desktop is not easy to setup for this.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother