Windows to Android Music Player

Nine

Currently I am using Google Play Music to download my files from the PC to my phone so I can play the music offline (when no connection is available).  But very soon the application will be replaced with YouTube Music.  The "new app" requires you to pay some fees each month to download YOUR music to YOUR phone.  Totally unacceptable in my view.  So any of you uses an application that could replace advantageously Google Play Music ?

• 1 month later...

Talk about DRM 😓, you will definitely not be able to use the same service Google/YT are providing without paying them. But you can always use free apps like Spotify to stream music... or if you want to hear music offline from YouTube, there is a nice app called NewPipe, it is a frontend for YouTube and it allows you to download the audio. On desktop you can use youtube-dl.

If you are REALLY desperate for high quality music, there are websites out there which provide FLAC files ;)

This reminds me of this meme again:

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

On 8/8/2020 at 12:48 PM, Nine said:

The "new app" requires you to pay some fees each month to download YOUR music to YOUR phone.

This seems to be incorrect. I wasn't aware of the app going away before and just now transferred all of my (not-at-all-pirated) music to the new app. I wouldn't ever pay to listen to my own music and mostly use Pandora for streaming.

All of my songs are listed under Library (at the bottom) and then Uploads. It also looks like they upped the cap to 100K songs (from 50K) per ConsumerReports. The transfer from Google Play Music to YouTube Music took about 1 minute, but I do have all of my songs loaded onto my Android (under \Music\* on a Samsung)

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

• 1 month later...

Most of today's music playback applications only allow users to listen to music online, if users want to listen to music offline, they have to pay. If you want to listen to music offline, I think you can save the mp3 file of the song directly to your phone memory. You can use Y2mate to download mp3 files from Youtube. I often use it to create my sonnerie portable gratuite. However, this is quite time consuming.

Edited by hegmannkris

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OsmundDiego said:

Use spotify, a free online music player.

I said I wanted an OFFLINE music player.  And AIMP is just a great tool for it. Up today, I downloaded close to 1,000 songs without any issue. Which is not what was happening with Google Play Music where I got all sort of problems close to 1000 songs.

@GokAy  I have look at VLC android and I must admit it looks good, but there is one comment I have read that makes me doubtful.

After closing Google Play I wanted to find an audio player and thought about VLC that I knew. No video, document and audio playback worries but the application does not allow you to "shuffle" and for the playlist no message if you put the same music twice (or I did not find but I searched a lot ). Too bad because that's what I wanted above all. But easy to use and without ads !!!

Can you confirm that it doesn't allow random reading of offline music ?

@Nine Just noticed I haven't used shuffle before, and had to look for it. It does have shuffle (all my music is offline in VLC). That icon looked like a cross-fade to me :) It does add existing songs in a playlist if they reside in different albums though (same name, different album), feature for some, bug for others perhaps.

image.thumb.png.b1df3d1b485a5428c3bab953f412fe4f.png

Edited by GokAy

• 1 month later...

As an elderly man nearing 80 I am still in the notion that a music on line is not mine. If there is a music I want to listen to more than once, I feel I must have it on my hard disk. In old good times right after my retirement, I collected pleny of favorite old pops and classics. I used to use Windows Media Player but I wanted to make a simple music player of my own. In fact that was why I learned coding and it happened to be AutoIt.  zPlayer has become my life-time project and I use it all the time when I am home.

Edited by CYCho