Nine

Windows to Android Music Player

Currently I am using Google Play Music to download my files from the PC to my phone so I can play the music offline (when no connection is available).  But very soon the application will be replaced with YouTube Music.  The "new app" requires you to pay some fees each month to download YOUR music to YOUR phone.  Totally unacceptable in my view.  So any of you uses an application that could replace advantageously Google Play Music ?

Talk about DRM 😓, you will definitely not be able to use the same service Google/YT are providing without paying them. But you can always use free apps like Spotify to stream music... or if you want to hear music offline from YouTube, there is a nice app called NewPipe, it is a frontend for YouTube and it allows you to download the audio. On desktop you can use youtube-dl.

If you are REALLY desperate for high quality music, there are websites out there which provide FLAC files ;)

This reminds me of this meme again:

A cross-platform implementation of the AutoIt language

My contributions to the AutoIt Community ##AutoIt at freenode, real-time chat

3fHNZJ.gif

Spoiler

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) intend to do that to anybody.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:48 PM, Nine said:

The "new app" requires you to pay some fees each month to download YOUR music to YOUR phone.

This seems to be incorrect. I wasn't aware of the app going away before and just now transferred all of my (not-at-all-pirated) music to the new app. I wouldn't ever pay to listen to my own music and mostly use Pandora for streaming.

All of my songs are listed under Library (at the bottom) and then Uploads. It also looks like they upped the cap to 100K songs (from 50K) per ConsumerReports. The transfer from Google Play Music to YouTube Music took about 1 minute, but I do have all of my songs loaded onto my Android (under \Music\* on a Samsung)

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts

Most of today's music playback applications only allow users to listen to music online, if users want to listen to music offline, they have to pay. If you want to listen to music offline, I think you can save the mp3 file of the song directly to your phone memory. You can use Y2mate to download mp3 files from Youtube. I often use it to create my sonnerie telephone. However, this is quite time consuming.

Edited by hegmannkris