_IENavigate with Microsoft Edge

The following code creates a IE blank window

Local $oIE = _IECreate()

But when i use Navigate to the URL, it open the URL in Microsoft Edge instead if IE.

_IENavigate($oIE,$url)

What should i do to navigate in IE.

Complete code :

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

#Region TESTING

Local $url = 'https://www.youtube.com'
    Local $oIE = _IECreate()
    _IENavigate($oIE,$url)

#EndRegion

Console Output

IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IELoadWait, $_IESTATUS_ClientDisconnected (-2147023174, Browser has been deleted prior to operation.)

I have searched the forums but did not find such kind of post.

Other posts were describing How to use Edge using Web driver selenium.

Edit: I am working in Windows10. Recently many changes have been done by Microsoft to IE and Microsoft Edge. (2020)

Earlier in 2019 this was working fine.

Edited by devilspride

First, I highly suggest not using IE and switching to WebDriver. IE is going to be unsupported soon (iirc) and is becoming more difficult to work with (imho).

However, I have had things that will only work in IE for some reason, so I've had to work with it in the past. I get this issue a lot when creating IE. I think I use something like this as a workaround... (replace _IECreate with __IECreate in your code)

; (Requires <IE.au3>)
Func __IECreate($sUrl = "about:blank", $iTryAttach = 0, $iVisible = 1, $iWait = 1, $iTakeFocus = 1)

; Attempt to call the normal method
    Local $oIE = _IECreate($sUrl, $iTryAttach, $iVisible, $iWait, $iTakeFocus)
    ; If the client disconnected, try to find it again
    If @error = $_IEStatus_ClientDisconnected Then
        ConsoleWrite(" Internal Error: " & @error & " Waiting 2 seconds to try attaching." & @CRLF)
        Sleep(2000)
        ; Try to attach using the URL (You may need to check for ANY instance at this point, as it might not have navigated to the URL before disconnecting)
        $oIE = _IEAttach($sUrl, "url")
        ; If we failed to attach, then return that the client disconnected
        If @error Then Return SetError($_IEStatus_ClientDisconnected, @error, False)
    EndIf

Return $oIE

EndFunc

Also, after you call a function, you should check the @error code to see if the code ran successfully. For example, _IECreate has 6 different errors that can be generated. Check the help file to see more information on each of these.

Finally, when you have an issue like this, try searching the forums a little more... I know it can be frustrating, but I found the answer to this by searching $_IESTATUS_ClientDisconnected and clicking on the first link :)

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

Thank you @seadoggie01

This worked. I guess the issue, as you described correctly, was inability to Attach the Object to the handle.

I have successfully created IE object using this but ran into few other problems where I am using IEGetElementbyID and other IEGetObjCollection functions.

I think i better rewrite my script using WebDriver since I am in early stages of development, else I would end up making a whole bunch of UDF for IE 🤣

Hopefully WebDriver is not too complicated. I am very new to the whole XPath stuff.

2 hours ago, seadoggie01 said:

Finally, when you have an issue like this, try searching the forums a little more... I know it can be frustrating, but I found the answer to this by searching $_IESTATUS_ClientDisconnected and clicking on the first link :)

I am still new to the forums so trying to learn how to search effectively. I will keep this is mind from the next time onwards. 

Thank You :)

No problem! And in regards to learning XPath, check out this website (it's how I learned nearly everything I know about XPath). I was very new a few months ago too, but the WebDriver helped me fix nearly all of my issues with automating browsers. Good luck! :D

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

@Danp2 thank you. Very useful tool. I will use that from my next project onwards.

Currently, i have successfully completed my first WebDriver script using AutoIt. I will post the code here if it does not violate the forum rules.

It is a script that searches YouTube, for a KEYWORD in the videos, and sends a notification to Discord/PushBullet if any new video is uploaded.

Most likely it does not violate TOS of YouTube because there is this Automated Flow by Microsoft Community

Receive an email notification when a new video matches a search on YouTube - Microsoft Community.

Instead of Email, i wanted notifications on Discord/Pushbullet, so made this script.

Can i go ahead and post it here ?

Edited by devilspride

• Moderators

devilspride,

I see no reason why you should not post your script as long as it merely notifies and does nothing more.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

@Melba23 Thank you Sir.

Here is the complete Script attached as a .rar file.

Feel free to comment on improving my coding practices as well. I am newbie in coding. AutoIt is the first language i have started to code.

*Edit

Func PushBullet_Upload()

is a redundant function which i am working on for future.

YTNotifier.rar

Edited by devilspride

• 4 weeks later...