[SOLVED] RichEdit control

Hi,

I created a script to act like the Console of SciTE with an RichEdit control to see my ConsoleWrite and I haven't found anything in help file to block Tab key from selecting RichEdit control.

My problem is that it will auto select whole text inside RichEdit and on next ConsoleWrite it will change the color for the whole text.

How do I block TAB key from jumping on RichEdit and select whole text?

Yes, I am aware of:

1. many unused #include, i've set this as default when creating new .au3 file so I don't have to add #include to use some code (unused includes are removed before compiling script)
  2. there might be some code being repeated, feel free to suggest or add it in the code.

here is my script:

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Date.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <GuiRichEdit.au3>
#include <misc.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>
#include <FontConstants.au3>

Global $cw, $hConsole, $sTxt
HotKeySet("{enter}", "capture")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit")

gui()

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func GUI()

Global $GUI = GUICreate("Console testing", 615, 436, 192, 124)
Global $Console = _GUICtrlRichEdit_Create($GUI, "", 93, 216, 449, 169, BitOR($ES_MULTILINE,$WS_VSCROLL,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL))
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($Console, 0xFFFFFF)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetBkColor($Console, 0x000000)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetReadOnly($Console, True)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_HideSelection($Console,True)
_GUICtrlRichEdit_SetFont($Console, 12, "Consolas")
Global $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ConsoleWrite normal", 81, 32, 457, 21, $SS_CENTER)
Global $cNormal = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 81, 64, 457, 21)
Global $cWarning = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 81, 152, 457, 21)
Global $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ConsoleWrite Warning", 81, 120, 457, 21, $SS_CENTER)
Global $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("test", 544, 64, 44, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cNormal

Case $cWarning

Case $button
            capture()
    EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Func capture()
    If StringLen(GUICtrlRead($cNormal)) >= 1 Then
    c(GUICtrlRead($cNormal))
    GUICtrlSetData($cNormal,"")
    ControlFocus("", "", $cNormal)
ElseIf StringLen(GUICtrlRead($cWarning)) >= 1 Then
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($Console, 0x000FFF)
    cw(GUICtrlRead($cWarning))
    GUICtrlSetData($cWarning,"")
    ControlFocus("", "", $cWarning)

EndIf

EndFunc

Func ConsoleWriteGUI(Const ByRef $hConsole, Const $sTxt)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_InsertText($Console,  $sTxt)
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetFont($Console, 12, "Consolas")
EndFunc

Func c($cw) ; @@@@ CONSOLE NORMAL TEXT @@@@
ConsoleWrite(_NowTime() & " -=-> " & $cw & @CRLF)
ConsoleWriteGUI($Console, _NowTime() & " =-> " &  $cw & @CRLF )
EndFunc

Func cw($cw) ; @@@@ CONSOLE INTENDED FOR WARNING @@@@@
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_SetCharColor($Console, 0x000FFF)
ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & ">>>>>>>>>>>>@@@@@@ WARNING @@@@@@<<<<<<<<<<<<" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _NowTime() & " =-> " &  $cw & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
">>>>>>>>>>>>@@@@@@ WARNING @@@@@@<<<<<<<<<<<<" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
ConsoleWriteGUI($GUI, @CRLF & @CRLF & ">>>>>>>>>>>>@@@@@@ WARNING @@@@@@<<<<<<<<<<<<" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _NowTime() & " =-> " &  $cw & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
">>>>>>>>>>>>@@@@@@ WARNING @@@@@@<<<<<<<<<<<<" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
EndFunc

Best regards,

WilliamasKumeliukas

Edited by WilliamasKumeliukas
typos and question missing

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

I have an idea, but i do not know if it will work.

Why don't you just make another hotkey function assigned to the tab ?

Then you could switch in between the wanted gui elements, by forcing a focus on them and skipping the RichEdit box.

Each call of the function should change the focus.

After a bit of testing, this seems to work:

Func capture()
    _GUICtrlRichEdit_GotoCharPos($Console, -1)

Edited by Dan_555

Some of my script sourcecode

35 minutes ago, Dan_555 said:

I have an idea, but i do not know if it will work.

Why don't you just make another hotkey function assigned to the tab ?

Then you could switch in between the wanted gui elements, by forcing a focus on them and skipping the RichEdit box.

Each call of the function should change the focus.

I've aldready think about this but I was hoping for a way to change its state like $GUI_DISABLE (GUICtrlSetState doesnt work on RichEdit)

because I also have the problem to make RichEdit non clickable, I tried adding a label with topmost and $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT attribute and same dimension as RichEdit but still click through it 😕 

Regards,

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Edited by WilliamasKumeliukas
Underline activated randomly

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

I am reading and writing from my Android phone, so I haven't compiled this or even fully viewed/understood it.

What is the purpose of the richedit since you don't want to be able to tab to it or click on it?

If you don't need to interact with it in that way, perhaps a label field would work better?

I am no great programmer but I like to tinker and I've used autoit for quite some time now

5 hours ago, Dan_555 said:

I see, you quoted the non strikethrough text, that may mean that you have missed the solution ? @WilliamasKumeliukas ? 
I had the last answer on editing mode, when i thought to try something ...

@Dan_555, Yes I quoted your message before you edit it, I tried your solution and indeed it seems to work so far :)

Thank you

8 hours ago, pugh said:

I am reading and writing from my Android phone, so I haven't compiled this or even fully viewed/understood it.

What is the purpose of the richedit since you don't want to be able to tab to it or click on it?

If you don't need to interact with it in that way, perhaps a label field would work better?

I am no great programmer but I like to tinker and I've used autoit for quite some time now

@pugh I didnt use Label field because it cannot scroll up and down and have multi colored text without extra UDFs The purpose of it is only showing ConsoleWrite in white colored text inside RichEdit and another function ConsoleWrite intended for Errors/Warnings in red (for now). 

Regards,

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas