Project Windows-10 Configurator

Hello everyone,

I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT company that started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kind of drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation + Configuration of Windows 10.

The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.

[2021-11-26] News:

Download link has been removed and I've been very inactive in the project for the few months and trying to have free time or mental energy left has been quite a struggle since beginning of this summer.

Project Github is private because it is not worth keeping it public in its current state, it had barely any features truly working... it will comeback public once I my current life situation allows me to.

I cannot provide a date but it won't be in 2021 since lots of changes are coming like a new powerful Windows Update Asynchronous which I managed to make it work on 3 updates at same time! this will replace the old Windows Updater function I've been using since windows 7 ^_^

Take Care!

~WilliamasKumeliukas

==============================FAQ==================================

• Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIt ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BATCH / POWERSHELL / VB) ?
  • A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIt to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found.
  • Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project?
  • A: I will personally take the responsibility to mention you in the credits of this project.
  • Q: If I have more questions, can I ask?
  • A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project!
  • Q: What is the main goal of this project?
  • A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current progression of the project (more will be added in future)

« Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »

***Very early Stage ***

• Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Work but missing configuration in GUI - AutoIt only)

• Download & Install up to 600+ softwares (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool + 50/50 Powershell/AutoIt)

•  Auto prediction of Apps name of text typed inside input (Tested & Working - AutoIt Only)

• Change OEM Informations (Tested & Working -  AutoIt)

• Disable hibernation (Tested & Working - AutoIt only)

• Change Computer Name (Work but require testing - AutoIt only) 

• Show Computer Information and Smart status on GUI (Tested & Working - AutoIt Only)

• Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)

• Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)

• Windows Updater (Seems to work but require further testing - AutoIt only)

• Install Office 365 / 2013 + Activation (To Do)

• Add L2TP VPN Configuration for Windows Built-in VPN (To Do)

• Save / Load tasks configuration profile in (.ini file) to avoid repeating same configuration twice (In progress - AutoIt Only)

• (EXPERIMENTAL) Install Apps from Microsoft Store with UIAutomation UDF made by @junkew(Work if you know what your doing)

P.S: Installing Apps from Microsoft Store will require usage of  UIA spy tool made by @LarsJ which you can download & learn how to use it on UIA Spy Tool thread.

***  If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real :) ***

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Best Regards,

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Edited by WilliamasKumeliukas
Updated situation

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Main post updated

- Few more tasks added to the progression list + more colors added in hope this make it more pleasant to read :) 

-FAQ answer of #1 improved

Best regards,

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Sorry if it's quite challenging to understand me sometimes, there is 2 possible reasons to this:

Spoiler

#1. I am a native French speaker and learned English mainly from chatting with others players in online games.

#2. I have a developmental disorder mainly affecting my social abilities, way of thinking, understanding stuffs and explaining myself in which it can seem ironic of seeing me here, but I been working on getting better every days for an dozens of years now ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not like my dirty code? It's fine, but in my opinion, the dirty codes are unique and I believe it's a good glimpse of how the mind of the person who wrote it thinks, and that, that's what I call a psychological deduction step by step in all its splendor.

~WilliamasKumeliukas

outdated informations that will confuse new comers

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• WilliamasKumeliukas changed the title to [Looking for Collaboration] Windows 10 Configurator

*removed since current GUI is different than those screenshots*

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

So where is the github project ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

removed since it doesnt apply anymore to the current situation

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• 1 month later...

Hi WilliamasKumeliukas,

I am interessed in Looking for Collaboration Windows 10 Configurator.
I love Silent apps, or a Unattended Windows.
I am not a programmer, I often test software.
Make apps silent, make apps portable too.
And test everything in a clean windows 10 in VMWare.

I hope i can help with something.

Greatz

Edited by bundyal

2021.07.15 News: Project is NOT dead! I am still very devoted into accomplishing this project, I am spending my every bit of energy that is left end of the day (when there is any) on this project and it really does challenge my knowledge in AutoIT language but I won't give up :) 

Download link has been added in first post!

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

New incoming features were added in first post!

• Add L2TP VPN Configuration in Windows Built-in VPN

• Export / Import tasks configuration profile into (.ini file) to avoid repeating same reconfiguration twice

• (EXPERIMENTAL) Install Apps from Microsoft Store with UIAutomation UDF made by: @junkew(Work if you know what your doing)

P.S: Installing Apps from Microsoft Store will require usage of  UIA spy tool made by @LarsJ which you can download & learn how to use it on UIA Spy Tool thread.

Download link can be found at bottom of first post ! ^_^

Best Regards,

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• WilliamasKumeliukas changed the title to Project Windows-10 Configurator [Looking for Collaboration]

Sorry I re-uploaded Project with all includes in appropriate path, it should be working now :)

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour WilliamasKumeliukas,

Tu m'avais contacté il y a longtemps sur le forum français de autoit.
J'ai malheureusement vu le message que tardivement.

J'ai regardé ton travail et c'est super intéressant et prometteur. Il y a plein de bonnes idées.

Voici ce que j'ai noté :

1) Le lien dans le premier post de ce fil contient l'erreur d'inclusion ligne 47 : #include <ExtMsgBox.au3> que tu as corrigé sur le github

2) Concernant Windows Update, le script plante, parce que le tableau $label est vide suite à la commande ligne 350 :

For $i = UBound($label)-1 To 0 Step -1
    If $label[$i] = "" Then
        _ArrayDelete($label, $i)
    EndIf
Next

Ca plante à la ligne 1242 

$sBannedList = GUICtrlRead($label[8]) ;Read what is input into text box

J'ai bien avancé de mon côté, sur mon logiciel, notamment sur la recherche smart (après avoir fait des heures de recherches, j'ai utilisé smartmontools pour afficher les erreurs smart, wmi ou powershell n'étant pas complet),.

Malheureusement, mon code est très peu commenté et peu lisible, aussi n'hésite pas à me demander si besoin, et à copier ce qui t'intéresse pour ton script.

https://github.com/PaysanBarbare/BAO

Bon développement !

Bonjour @PaysanBarbare!

2 hours ago, PaysanBarbare said:

2) Concernant Windows Update, le script plante, parce que le tableau $label est vide suite à la commande ligne 350 :

If $label[$i] = "" Then
        _ArrayDelete($label, $i)
    EndIf
Next

Ca plante à la ligne 1242 

Bien vu, j'avais déjà remarquer ce problème, c'étais un oublie de ma part que je n'ai pas encore push sur GitHub car je travaille depuis quelques mois pour un meilleur Windows Updater qui télécharge et installe asynchrone :).

2 hours ago, PaysanBarbare said:

J'ai bien avancé de mon côté, sur mon logiciel, notamment sur la recherche smart (après avoir fait des heures de recherches, j'ai utilisé smartmontools pour afficher les erreurs smart, wmi ou powershell n'étant pas complet),.

Malheureusement, mon code est très peu commenté et peu lisible, aussi n'hésite pas à me demander si besoin, et à copier ce qui t'intéresse pour ton script.

Super! j'irai voir dès que je serai un peu plus libre dans mon temps et tkt, j'ai l'habitude des codes peu commenté ;)  

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

• Developers

Please respect the fact that this is an English forum, so post only in that language please! 
Thanks. :) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

16 minutes ago, Jos said:

Please respect the fact that this is an English forum, so post only in that language please! 
Thanks. :) 

sorry, my intention was to only answer him once and follow the conversation via pm

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

I'm sorry.

So this is my post in english (I do my best 😅:

Hello WilliamasKumeliukas,

You contact me before on the french autoit forum but I saw your message long time after you posted it

I see your work and I find it very interesting

This is what I noticed :

1) The link of the download in the first post of this thread include inclusion error line 47 : #include <ExtMsgBox.au3> (corrected on github)

2) For Windows Update, the script hang because var $label is empty after commands line 350 :

If $label[$i] = "" Then
        _ArrayDelete($label, $i)
    EndIf
Next

It block at line 1242 

My script has evolved, smart detection is better now with smartmontools (better than powershell and wmi)

Sorry but my code is very hard to understand because I haven't comment it, but I hope it can help you.

https://github.com/PaysanBarbare/BAO

• 2 weeks later...

With the rollout of windows 11 only weeks away, have you tested this code on a beta version of windows 11 to see if any tweaks are required?

@OSInfo etc...

Edited by Confuzzled

2 hours ago, Confuzzled said:

With the rollout of windows 11 only weeks away, have you tested this code on a beta version of windows 11 to see if any tweaks are required?

@OSInfo etc...

No, sadly I am unable to test it since my generation of my cpu wasn't compatible with beta version of windows 11 (it been few months now since I've try to install Win11..)

but I will surely test it on Win11 and add changes in the next update but I have no estimated time to when it will be push but it will be big :)

Sincerely,

~WilliamasKumeliukas

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas

[2021-11-26] News:

Download link has been removed, I've been very inactive in the project for the few months and trying to have free time or mental energy left has been quite a struggle since beginning of this summer.

Project Github is private because it is not worth keeping it public in its current state, it had barely any features functional through GUI... it will come back public once my current life situation allows me to.

I cannot provide a date, but it won't be in 2021 since lots of changes are coming like a new powerful Windows Update Asynchronous! This will replace the old Windows Updater function I've been using since Windows 7 ^_^

Take Care!

~WilliamasKumeliukas

typos / mistakes

Spoiler

~WilliamasKumeliukas