Send keys faster or how to use ControlSend

KDoc

Hi,

I am trying to send some keys to a medical software using the Send command but the keystrokes are sent very slowly.  I tried AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 0) and AutoitSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay",0) and also tried changing the 0 to 1 but still the output is very slow.   I tried the Clipput and SEnd("^v") method but for some reason I have to put in Sleep delays otherwise the output is off sync and corrupted which defeats the purpose of the copy and paste method.   I saw that ControlSend may be a better option but I am not sure how to use it. I know the 1st parameter is the Window Handle but not sure what to use for the 2nd parameter.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Keash

1st parameter is the title or handle of the window. The window title might not be unique so the 2nd parameter comes into play. You define a text in the window to be searched.
If the window title is unique or you pass a handle then the 2nd parameter is not needed and you simple pass "".
Check the examples for ControlSend for details.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

For pasting, I’ve found this to be more reliable than “^v”

Send (“{CTRLDOWN}v{CTRLUP}”)

also works with ControlSend when used with just a window handle (if the text area is already selected).  but, imo, it’s no faster than send...

Code hard, but don’t hard code...