GDPR.au3 UDF - Support Topic

mLipok

This UDF was created for give any kind of support for GDPR solutions in AutoIt.

WARNING !!!

BECAUSE THIS PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THIS PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS'' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

#include "GDPR.au3"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
#Tidy_Parameters=/sort_funcs /reel
; #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=Y

_Example()

Func _Example()
    _GDPR_Crypter_Wrapper(_Example_Crypter)
    Local $sText = 'AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.'
    MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, _GDPR_Anonymize_String($sText))
    Local $dCrypted = _GDPR_Crypt_String($sText)
    MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, $dCrypted & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended)
    Local $sDecrypted = _GDPR_DeCrypt_AsString($dCrypted)
    MsgBox(0, @ScriptLineNumber, $sDecrypted & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @extended)

_GDPR_Crypt_File(@ScriptFullPath, @ScriptFullPath & '.CRYPTED')
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite('! ---> @error=' & @error & '  @extended=' & @extended & ' : _GDPR_Crypt_File' & @CRLF)
    _GDPR_DeCrypt_File(@ScriptFullPath & '.CRYPTED', @ScriptFullPath & '.DECRYPTED.au3')
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite('! ---> @error=' & @error & '  @extended=' & @extended & ' : _GDPR_DeCrypt_File' & @CRLF)

EndFunc   ;==>_Example

Func _Example_Crypter($dBinaryData, $bDataAlreadyEncrypted)
    _Crypt_Startup()     ; Start the Crypt library.
    Local $dResult
    If $bDataAlreadyEncrypted Then
        $dResult = _Crypt_DecryptData($dBinaryData, 'securepassword', $CALG_3DES) ; Decrypt the data using the generic password string. The return value is a binary string.
    Else
        $dResult = _Crypt_EncryptData($dBinaryData, 'securepassword', $CALG_3DES) ; Encrypt the text with the new cryptographic key.
    EndIf
    _Crypt_Shutdown()     ; Shutdown the Crypt library.
    Return $dResult
EndFunc   ;==>_Example_Crypter

Download link:

WIKI:
This UDF was added here:  https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/User_Defined_Functions

Edited by mLipok
added Download link, WIKI remark

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Interesting, I thought GDPR only applies to service providers (who store customer data in their own servers), not to software running on personal computers. Kind of pointless if it is required by law for personal computers if there is no data being transmitted.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

GDPR is about data procesing not only transmiting.

For example if you have small business and you have e-mail system, invoce program, employers private data, then GDPR perfectly fit to you.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

BTW. Why after reading my post and udf you start to think diferrently.. what change comes to you after reading my post ?

My UDF is especially for commercial usage. 

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipok Thanks for clarification, I was curious and thought your UDF was to make the script/program itself GDPR compliant, but now I realize that it is just an helper UDF to make customer data processing GDPR compliant :)

Edited by TheDcoder

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

9 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

it is just an helper UDF to make customer data processing GDPR compliant

Yes..... More or less. 

It depends on your considerations.

It is to your own responsibility to choose how strong security rules you want to use.

So my UDF is providing any/some kind of support.... Is it fit enought to you?

It is your choose,  your responsibility.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, TheDcoder said:

thought your UDF was to make the script/program itself GDPR compliant

Developer must have in the back of head,  that any part of code should be GDPR compilant by default/design.

In this meaning my UDF is set of helper funtions.

But I do not think that any program, which process data is GDPR compliant by itselfs.

.... maybe... Hello World.

All other programs could be GDPR compliant by hard work, tests, dev rules, tools, etc...

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, mLipok said:

It is to your own responsibility to choose how strong security rules you want to use.

Got it.

10 hours ago, mLipok said:

Developer must have in the back of head,  that any part of code should be GDPR compilant by default/design.

Is this true if the code is not processing any customer data on the developer's computer? I mean, does something like Microsoft Excel fall under GDPR even if it does not process any data on their computers? (file is local to customer's computer)

For Excel, Access, there are features to use password, so there is security option included.
User have ability to set password.
It is the end user choices to use password ... or not.

Btw.
Even if you have personal computer, with data used in private live, even the fact that entire data (private fotos, email, contacts) are for your private usage, you should encrypt your data !

Why ?
Because if a the thief will steal your computer, then the data no longer are on your pirvate usage !
So you are responsible for data leak !

And do not say but this was my private data.
This was "data for your private usage" but "not your private data", because you have there data which belongs to other people (their data, i.e. photos containing their faces, contacts to friends = their private phone number, their private email adress).

It is like making a VIDEO for Youtube.
You make a movie and you anonymize strangers' faces.

But if you are making a vacation/holiday movie for private use, you will not anonymize these faces with the thought that it will only be on your computer / phone.
But is this computer / phone secured enough to prevent anyone from sharing this content ?

Did you ever wonder/care about that ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipok Not sure if I understood what you are trying to say... personal data protect is good, but I was not discussing it, I was only discussing the legal requirements for GDPR :D

5 hours ago, mLipok said:

Did you ever wonder/care about that ?

I did wonder, but I am too lazy to use full system encryption on my devices 😪

1 hour ago, TheDcoder said:

legal requirements to be fine with GDPR

Do you thought this ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipok Sorry, I don't understand, did you modify my quote? I don't remember saying that.

Maybe I am missing something :think:

Yes, I was wondering what you mean ?

Here:

6 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

legal requirements for GDPR

do you mean:

legal requirements to be fine with GDPR

?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipok Ah yes, I was asking about that. Is software like Excel breaking GDPR laws by not encrypting local file content?

Do you have in Excel any feature to secure this document by using password ?
Do you have brand new version of Excel ?
Do you read entire documentation for Excel in relation to finding GDPR remarks ?

I do not use Excel so I do not know the answer to this question.

If software not use any encryption in process of storing data, then software developer should add remark about this in documentation and send their recomendation to customers.

End user, as a DATA PROCESSOR use many tools, he should know what tools he is using and how secure they are. If they are not secure as he want he must to take action on this.
On of possible action in relation to the Excel question you gave is to store each files on secure for example encrypted drive.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, mLipok said:

If software not use any encryption in process of storing data, then software developer should add remark about this in documentation and send their recomendation to customers.

End user, as a DATA PROCESSOR use many tools, he should know what tools he is using and how secure they are. If they are not secure as he want he must to take action on this.

Are these actual legal requirements of GDPR or are these just guidelines?

On of possible action in relation to the Excel question you gave is to store each files on secure for example encrypted drive.

Yes, but this is not related to the software... this is an action performed by the user.

Are these actual legal requirements of GDPR or are these just guidelines?

In my personal opinion, GDPR is basically a kind of guidelines.

Yes, but this is not related to the software... this is an action performed by the user.

As I said:

In my personal opinion, GDPR is basically a kind of guidelines.

If software developer in relation to GDPR give you a clear signal,
"You are on your own with protecticng files (data store) "

Then it is your own responsibility what you do.
What's more, the GDPR makes it clear that the responsibility rests with the end user (the customer buying a software solution for the company's needs). It is the end user who must check and ensure that the data to be processed are processed in a proper way (at every stage of processing).
f the software vendor does not meet the company's security levels (company requirements), the company must adapt, e.g. by changing the software vendor or changing its own data security procedures and techniques.

But in this regard, it is possible that other members of this forum with corporate experience could say more, or even verify my statements.

Maybe @water or @TheXman will be tempted to verify my last statement.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I'm responsible to implement the GDPR in my company.

The GDPR is a legal regulation of the EU to be implemented directly. This means that no implementation in national law is necessary.
The GDPR is not a recommendation, but a law that you have to comply with since May 2018.

The first question you have to ask yourself is not a technical question (do I use Excel ...), but the question of whether the GDPR is applicable at all. I.e. if you only process technical data, then the GDPR does not apply.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

4 minutes ago, water said:

if you only process technical data, then the GDPR does not apply.

But if you process live person data, even if this is email like jon.smith@company.com , then the GPDR aplly the this kind of data processing.

Correct?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, water said:

The GDPR is not a recommendation, but a law that you have to comply with since May 2018.

Yes, I agree, but does this legal regulation force the user to apply specific technical solutions in specific situations / cases ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler