Having a " inside a string variable.. ends the string... HELP

Rad

OOOoooookkaaaaayyy Thanks!

Um, I just used the "Replace" feature crimsoneditor has and used String("•0010010) will that work too? Because if it does the same I can use this instead much easier

Nevermind I can just replace that back again lol that makes it so easy to make an 84 size string array....

Edited by Rad

• Moderators

I don't play with Crimosn, since I code in AutoIt I use the "AutoIt Editor" better known as SciTe lol.

Regardless of the editor, since you are doing this in AutoIt the example you gave is incorrect. String('"0010010') or just '"0010010' in this case would work I would imagine for you.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ah well, I didnt realize it was specifically for autoit3, since this is the easiest language I've ever seen or messed with and my first to learn I guess Ill start using that just to be more devoted towards it. CrimsonEditor is free though, and works for all kinds of languages... props to them too :lmao:

But SciTe I guess has the little popup with the functions etc from the screenshots.. so that can help alot ;)

• Moderators

Ah well, I didnt realize it was specifically for autoit3, since this is the easiest language I've ever seen or messed with and my first to learn I guess Ill start using that just to be more devoted towards it. CrimsonEditor is free though, and works for all kinds of languages... props to them too :lmao:

But SciTe I guess has the little popup with the functions etc from the screenshots.. so that can help alot ;)

SciTe is free as well.

I prefer them, because Jdeb does such a wonderful job acclimating all of the new definitions into them. He's devoted to it, so with scripting in a language, especially your first, I'm sure you would want every possible advantage you could get o:) .

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Yeah I know it was free but it supported all the main languages (And most of au3 functions strangely)

Anyways, it works pretty good one thing it needs is the style popup, I hate having to remember what style code is needed to remove scroll bar from edit field :/

BitOr($ES_WANTRETURN,$WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL)

Okay now this is messed up, btw im making a little binary to text converter...

It worked!

I put in Test and it gave that! The only problem, its not case sensitive and returns TtEeSsTt

:/

How can I make it case sensitive matchup?

For $ia = 0 to StringLen(GUICtrlRead($standardfield)) Step +1
            For $ib = 0 to 83 Step +1
                If StringMid(GUICtrlRead($standardfield), $ia, 1) = StringMid($array[$ib],1,1) Then
                    $sa=$sa&StringMid($array[$ib],3,8)
                Endif
            Next
        Next
        GUICtrlSetData($binaryfield,$sa)

Thats what does the bulk of it, the rest is set in ordered arrays, lowercase, upper case, symbols..... in order... format is XYYYYYYYY X being the character Y being either 1 or 0.

$array[25]="Z•01011010"

$array[26]="a•01100001"

$array[27]="b•01100010"

$array[28]="c•01100011"

$array[29]="d•01100100"

$array[30]="e•01100101"

$array[31]="f•01100110"

$array[32]="g•01100111"

$array[33]="h•01101000"

$array[34]="i•01101001"

$array[35]="j•01101010"

$array[36]="k•01101011"

$array[37]="l•01101100"

$array[38]="m•01101101"

$array[39]="n•01101110"

$array[40]="o•01101111"

Its all like that, theres 0~83... If you want the ENTIRE list let me know

~~Umm by the way this works other than not checking the format of abcdef<>ABCDEF

Edited by Rad

I think I can work something out using ASCII functions Asc and Chr, since they give numbers for lower and upper case.... Then I could check if its less than (lower case ascii) and less than (lower case array) then set to variable, else check upper case, else check symbol etc... Hard to explain even harder to figure out :lmao:

Dam its late...

3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: Rad, SmOke_N

If your figuring it out or writing a demo or something... lol hurry up I gotta go to bed before parents wake up

Edited by Rad

• Moderators

Why don't you go ahead and go to bed... I don't want you to be tired for school.

I was playing around with my own Binary strings because I didn't have the values of yours, I just didn't shut the page down. I use something similar in EnCodeIt.

Lol ok, well Ill post my code so far if you find a way for it to work better ty ty....

Numbers dont convert to binary for some reason, and converting back words surprisingly well :lmao:

Edited by Rad