• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Nice work !

Thanks, with help from Danny35d I fixed some bugs in the script. It seems to run pretty smooth now, if anyone has any problems let me know. I updated my first post with the latest code. The next update will include a checkbox for the silent uninstall, because I don't always want to use the silent method.

• Moderators

Please add remote PC feature...

That would be a nice feature, not sure if it is possible.

As existing script have no use.. If to uninstall we have to run this script on each PC then we prefer windows feature Add/remove programs....

Who is we? As for it not having any use...I use it quiet often because it is 10x faster than add/remove programs and it lists more programs.

Hello,

I'm using WSH scripting ,loading WindowsInstaller.Installer object : see here for details.

I wanted to test your method, but i get error with syntax check prod : can't open include file <GuiStatusBar.au3> (an a lots of other errors..)

using scite v1.66 , and autoid v3.1.1...

Edited by sksbir

That would be a nice feature, not sure if it is possible.

Who is we? As for it not having any use...I use it quiet often because it is 10x faster than add/remove programs and it lists more programs.

I have an Idea ... Use Psexec to execute uninstall command on Remote PC... Second AutoIt Reg Functions are able to Read remote registry..

Modified script attached.

Second you are posting this script on forum so here we are we who are testing your script & giving comments on it.

Another its not showing more software. Showing only hidden software, which may damage OS if anyone accidentally uninstalls it.

So there is more to refine in it.

Another, each software does not have Silent uninstall commend present in reg. So add feature to enable/ disable silent check box as per key value.

Thx

UninstallApps.au3

• Moderators

I have an Idea ... Use Psexec to execute uninstall command on Remote PC... Second AutoIt Reg Functions are able to Read remote registry..

Modified script attached.

Second you are posting this script on forum so here we are we who are testing your script & giving comments on it.

Another its not showing more software. Showing only hidden software, which may damage OS if anyone accidentally uninstalls it.

So there is more to refine in it.

Another, each software does not have Silent uninstall commend present in reg. So add feature to enable/ disable silent check box as per key value.

Thx

The only way to successfully uninstall a program on a remote pc would be with a silent uninstall. Maybe I can make an indicator that will tell if the program has a silent uninstall key or not. Then yes you could use Psexec or I use beyondexec, to execute the uninstall on the remote machine. I'll see what I can come up with later.

@Big_daddy I modify your script to be able to uninstall programs from a remote computer.

Changes made:

1) Change the way that checkbox behave, now only display programs that have QuietUninstallString.

2) Fix the scrript, programs with missing regkey QuietUinstallString and UninstallString are not show on the list.

3) Modify ReadKeys() to be able to read regkeys from a remote computer, will only show the ones with QuietUninstallString.

4) Because remote computer takes longer to read regkeys, all the information are save on $List variable as

Display Name|Reg Key|Icon|QuietUninstallString|UninstallString

Note: To be able to remote uninstall programs from a remote computer you need to download BeyondExec from here..........

Also once you download BeyondExec you need to renamed to BeyondExec.exe

Try it and let me know what I miss?

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

@Big_daddy I modify your script to be able to uninstall programs from a remote computer.

Changes made:

1) Change the way that checkbox behave, now only display programs that have QuietUninstallString.

2) Fix the scrript, programs with missing regkey QuietUinstallString and UninstallString are not show on the list.

3) Modify ReadKeys() to be able to read regkeys from a remote computer, will only show the ones with QuietUninstallString.

4) Because remote computer takes longer to read regkeys, all the information are save on $List variable as

Display Name|Reg Key|Icon|QuietUninstallString|UninstallString

Note: To be able to remote uninstall programs from a remote computer you need to download BeyondExec from here..........

Also once you download BeyondExec you need to renamed to BeyondExec.exe

Try it and let me know what I miss?

Great job done... But for remote PC its showing only software with QuietUinstallString...

You can show software those are Msiexec.exe removable (Installed through MSI package).

User uninstall command switch with msiexec.exe & execute it on remote PC with BeyondExec or Psexec

This will make it more useful..

Example

RunWait('psexec.exe -s \\' & $s_Machine & " " & "msiexec.exe /x " & _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText ($List_SoftWare, $H_sw[$K], 2) & " /qn /norestart", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

Great job done... But for remote PC its showing only software with QuietUinstallString...

You can show software those are Msiexec.exe removable (Installed through MSI package).

User uninstall command switch with msiexec.exe & execute it on remote PC with BeyondExec or Psexec

Example

RunWait('psexec.exe -s \\' & $s_Machine & " " & "msiexec.exe /x " & _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText ($List_SoftWare, $H_sw[$K], 2) & " /qn /norestart", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

that looks familiar

extract from admin tool

RunWait('psexec.exe -s \\' & $s_Machine & " " & "msiexec.exe /x " & _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText ($lv_software, $a_sw[$i], 2) & " /qn /norestart", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)
Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Moderators

Example

If Danny doesn't beat me to it, I'll see what I can come up with tommorow.

Example

Gafrost and Rahul Rohela thank you for the information.

If Danny doesn't beat me to it, I'll see what I can come up with tommorow.

big_daddy sorry.... :lmao:

Give it a try....

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

• Moderators

Gafrost and Rahul Rohela thank you for the information.

big_daddy sorry.... :lmao:

Give it a try....

Good Work!

I almost had it, I was stuck on the $PID part, at least I had the same concept as you. I added a wait cursor while a remote program is uninstalling also. I have tested it on Adobe Reader 7.0 and Office 2000, it worked great on both. This thing just keeps getting more useful. Will have first post updated in a few minutes.

First post now has update.

Edited by big_daddy