Bring the window to the front of the screen

PHAK

• Developers

Not going to happen my friend...  give it a try and post questions with code in case things don;t work as expected. ;)

.. or else you can hire me for $200 an hour to do it for you....  paying upfront.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I'm new.
I searched the forum
I tried that.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinApi.au3>

Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]", "")

$iPID = Run("C:\Program Files\3.exe")
Sleep(200)
WinActivate($hWnd)
Sleep(500)

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:3]")
_WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, $HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR( $SWP_NOACTIVATE, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE))
_WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, $HWND_NOTOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR( $SWP_NOACTIVATE, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE))

Sleep(10000000)
ProcessClose($iPID)

Of course he didn't. 😜
I built an example
I made a movie.

Want to front
same as
_GDIPlus_GlowingText.au3

Thank you

Edited by PHAK

• Developers
13 minutes ago, Nine said:

pffft, cheap labor...;)

Yea I know but compared to what we get around these forums for cleaning up shit and getting all kinds of death wishes, it is pretty OK-ish. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Listen, when you want any help you will have to post something that demonstrates your issue. Your current posted code doesn't mean anything to me nor does it show me what your issue could be. 
Other than that, we like you to be way more patient and wait at least  24 hours before  bumping your thread. 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
10 hours ago, PHAK said:

Since I am not knowledgeable I am new
I would love for you to guide me on how to advance a screen to progress

Did you also read that opening sentence?:

10 hours ago, Jos said:

Listen, when you want any help you will have to post something that demonstrates your issue. Your current posted code doesn't mean anything to me nor does it show me what your issue could be. 

... so where is that information?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:04 AM, Jos said:

Did you also read that opening sentence?:

up

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinApi.au3>

Local $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]", "")

$iPID = Run("C:\Program Files\3.exe")
Sleep(200)
WinActivate($hWnd)
Sleep(500)

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:3]")
_WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, $HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR( $SWP_NOACTIVATE, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE))
_WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, $HWND_NOTOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR( $SWP_NOACTIVATE, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE))

Sleep(10000000)
ProcessClose($iPID)

And it's not good

obviously

Because I'm new 😂

Where do I find everything??

• Developers

I feel we have gone full circle and can only point you back to the initial answer to this:

On 10/21/2020 at 11:04 PM, Jos said:

So: put in comments in that script what you expect those lines to do and what isn't working, because we can't replicate your issue when we do not have your "3.exe" and have no clue what it does. use Au3info as well to get the details of your shown window for "3.exe" and show them here.  

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

I feel we have gone full circle and can only point you back to the initial answer to this:

So: put in comments in that script what you expect those lines to do and what isn't working, because we can't replicate your issue when we do not have your "3.exe" and have no clue what it does. use Au3info as well to get the details of your shown window for "3.exe" and show them here.  

Jos

Looks like you did not read what I wrote
I was just looking to attack

I brought up the drive

And also video 

I want it to be
Window is always top

Hey Phak,

Do you want "Glow" to be on top always, and other splash like photoshop is shadowing it? Hard to understand.

You seem to have set up it as TOPMOST but that doesnt mean it will be as everyone would use this to get things topmost :)

Maybe you can constantly update it's state. Not sure if it would hinder other windows' operations though. Check this out:

On 10/20/2020 at 12:46 PM, Jos said:

. or else you can hire me for $200 an hour to do it for you....  paying upfront.

It could be pricey; just for running the program once we’re looking at:

Sleep(10000000) / 1000 / 3600 * $200 = $555.55

(Talk about a number that is just itching to round up :)

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

Be careful what you wish for...

#include <WinAPISysWin.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$g_hWnd=WinGetHandle("[TITLE:Untitled - Notepad]")

AlwaysOnTop($g_hWnd)

Func AlwaysOnTop($hWnd)
   While True
      _WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, $HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($SWP_NOACTIVATE, $SWP_NOSIZE, $SWP_NOMOVE))
      WinWaitNotActive(WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]"))
   WEnd
EndFunc

@Jos, just realized, I may have inadvertently “burfed” :)

Edited by JockoDundee

Code hard, but don’t hard code...