RunAs

I have checked everywhere and keep falling short. I have an application that will only run correctly under an admin account, standard users are not able to run it. When I enter in the local credentials, it won't compile, keeps giving me error code 1.

RunAsWait("localadmin", "@ComputerName", "$Password", 1, "C:\Program Files(x86)\Speco Technologies\SpecoTech Multi Client\SpecoMC.exe" )

I have tried runas, runaswait and I am still unsuccessful. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, dmcgannon said:

RunAsWait("localadmin", "@ComputerName", "$Password", 1, "C:\Program Files(x86)\Speco Technologies\SpecoTech Multi Client\SpecoMC.exe" )

Do you pass the password in the variable $Password?  If so, why do you have it in quotes?  Having it in quotes says to pass the literal "$Password" not the value in the variable.  The same is true for the @ComputerName macro.  Look at the RunAsWait example in the help file.  Do you see quotes around @ComputerName or $Password in the example?

You have a local admin account named "localadmin" on the workstation?  :huh2:

Edited by TheXman

I looked at the examples and honestly, I had a script that I used before in Windows 7 that worked correctly for a particular application. I tried to change the values for Windows 10 with different application and no success. Of course that same script hasn't wanted to work since we upgraded to 10 either....

You seem pretty proficient with AutoIt. I've written a few scripts but am having trouble getting this one to work correctly. I haven't had issues in the past, but we've never been able to get these scripts to work on Windows 10 correctly. I have an application that only appears to run correctly is the user is an admin.

This is my code for it and the variables are defined, but when I try to compile, it gives me error code 1.

$Password= Your Local Password
$Username= localadmin
RunAsWait($Username, @ComputerName, $Password , 0, "C:\Program Files(x86)\Speco Technologies\SpecoTech Multi Client\SpecoMC.exe"