Copying files with certain name from a list (excel)

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new to AutoIT, I am looking for a solution to help me in my daily work.

Daily, i have an Excel file which contains a list of names in one column, and i have a folder which also contains the files. My job is to copy the file in one folder to another folder (copying by the name from the list in the Excel file).

For example:

In the excel file, i have a column with all the values: ABC, AB_X, 123_ABC, etc. I will open the folder, searching for the file with the name above and copy the file to another folder.

I am wondering if there is anyone have done anything like this before. Please share with me.  Thank you!!!!

Hello,

I doubt you gonna get a code poping like that for you into the forum  ^_^

Here we are working to help on the issue from your own code. We won't code for you. 

You could make a try on something and if it does not work then you come with your issue.  And post your code.

Look into my signature. Water's UDF to read Excel. 

You will need a bit of regular expression maybe depending on how you will process. 

You could also look the function : DirCopy / FileCopy

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Looks easy enough. Check out the below help topics to get you started.

Actually I just seem to have written the code for you using the exact steps you need and the help files to read through to get there. If you still have a problem post the code that you have tried and will try and help.

All the Best.

Sudeep.

Edited by sudeepjd