Can autoit exe work on other computer without downloading?

• Moderators

Huntknife,

It appears that your script depends on using specific coordinates - probably for moving and clicking the mouse and reading pixel colours. If the other computer has exactly the same screen resolution, DPI setting and various other graphical settings then the answer is: perhaps.

That is why we always suggest using other ways to automate apps - so if you can give us some more information about the app on which script is intended to operate we might be able to help you in a more focused manner.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

You don't even need an exe to get it working on another computer, in case your exe gets flagged as malware. You can use just the "AutoIt3.exe" as interpreter (without installing) and compile the script as a3x.

I will hopefully make a post about this, not quite ready yet though (most variables are set for my own project).

• Moderators

GokAy,

could it work on other pc if i didnt donwload autoit there?

As the OP does not want to download the executable, you solution alas is dead in the water.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

4 hours ago, GokAy said:

You don't even need an exe to get it working on another computer, in case your exe gets flagged as malware. You can use just the "AutoIt3.exe" as interpreter (without installing) and compile the script as a3x.

How do you get Autoit.exe there without installing it?

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

Please regard this as informational:

You can use a3x scripts in 4 ways.

1 - Install AutoIt as usual, double click a3x file to run.

2- Install AutoIt as usual, and drag drop a3x file on the exe.

3 - Copy AutoIt.exe to target machine, and drag drop the a3x file on the exe to run

4 - Copy AutoIt.exe to a known path on target machine, add a couple of registry keys to run a3x files with the copied exe (double click). Just a file extension type association.

You can rename a3x extension to anything you want for all of the above but option 1.

Starting from command line with parameters is also another option. Forgot.

Edited by GokAy
Added cmd start option

Can autoit exe work. 

But nice trick about a3x.

Literally the answer is : Yes.

You can run AutoIt Executables from compilation without installing AutoIt.

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Hello,

amazing, that I compile AU3 files every day without ever noticing the "A3X" option :mad2:

Well, as this might be a nice solution to get rid of these dumb false positive reports of almost all AV-scanners for compiled AU3 EXE files, this is very promising...

Is there an approach to get back the source code, as it's possible for compiled Autoit-EXE-files with ressource hacker, if the option to save the script souces was tagged, when compiling?

image.png.1117d5d09d67065f0dfd9ed3406841fb.png

If I try to open a A3X file with ressource hacker, I get this error message:

image.png.440361bfce3a619aed986a92a99e25c8.png

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Developers
3 minutes ago, rudi said:

Is there an approach to get back the source code, as it's possible for compiled Autoit-EXE-files with ressource hacker, if the option to save the script souces was tagged, when compiling?

Seems you are confused as the .a3x file is NOT an executable but rather the part you find in the file generated by aut2exe in the PE Header, the part you see when using ResHacker.

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

No, I'm not confused about the a3x format: At least I hope I got correctly, that this is the "obfuscated" script, that usually is "bundled" with the execution environment to an Autoit3 EXE file.

That one has the possibility to add the ressource files to the exe, so that I can "get back" the original script with e.g. Ressource Hacker.

I know, that I also can "pass" the uncompiled AU3:

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3>AutoIt3.exe C:\temp\a3x-test.au3

Two aspects:

1.) The source code is an ambigous thing: On the one hand of course the users of the networks I support do not need to be able to always "read-up-in-detail", what's going on inside the scripts.

On the other hand it happens over and over again, that customers show up after years with the request, to add modifications to an existing script, but some &/($§/ has deleted the souce AU3 file, that I *ALWAYS* save on the file servers in a path similar to C:\Install\Autoit\<script-purpose>

That's the reason, why I save the script sources to the EXE file, so that I'm able to retrieve them from the EXE file (as that one *IS* preseved, they use it regularly... 😉

2.) AV Scanner false positives

If A3X files (at least usually) will prevent AV-Scanners from throwing false positives, that would be really very nice. As the scripts I write are always placed on some server share, it would be no problem to place autoit3.exe just beside the A3X files.

But as far as I can see I would loose the possibility to "get-back-the-souce-code" from the A3X files?

regards, Rudi.

I was getting quarantined on my own PC (Malwarebytes and Windows Defender, also VirusTotal would show 11/60 something. Including the major players:P Now everything is ok.

You should save a copy of the au3 files yourself in an archieve, and not trust anyone else do the job I believe.

• Developers
21 minutes ago, rudi said:

But as far as I can see I would loose the possibility to "get-back-the-souce-code" from the A3X files?

So how would you do that with a real compiled script with an legal process?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
8 minutes ago, t0nZ said:

I have the opposite "problem" @rudi, I want to loose  (yes!) the possibility to "get-back-the-souce-code" from the A3X !

My question is... what is today the "state of the art" or "standard" of code obfuscation for A3X scripts ?

Again: There is NO difference to a3x and EXE versions of the bytecode version of the source. Yes it can be converted back but that isn't going to be discussed here.
As to the obfuscation and several other options: That is a total different topic, so not related to this topic, But obfuscation is NOT solving your problem as the script needs to be a autoit3.exe readable script at execution time! 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 11/2/2020 at 5:22 PM, Jos said:

So how would you do that with a real compiled script with an legal process?

It's not about lecal process (court), it's about beeing able to check after years how a script has been structured, to add changes.

That's the reason why I always check this "add program sources". This is working very nicly by the help of ressource hacker.

In the other posting you mentioned, that there is no difference in the byte code of A3X and EXE compiled script: Is there a possibility to "add source code" to A3X files as well, and how to retrieve the source code back again, in case this is possible in general? Resource Hacker cannot "understand" AX3...

• Jos locked this topic