New Line?

lyonrt

I am trying to make a message box that pops up and has several lines of text as well as in input form. All I know are the basics in making a one line message box. Here is what I have.

Msgbox(0,"Important","Please Make Sure To Follow All Directions Or We Can't Allow You To Use The School Network.  Be Sure To Fill In All Information.

Theoretically I would like to tell the program when to start a new line so I can paragraph out the disclaimer and I would also like to create a short form.

Any help would be awesome,

Tyler

I am trying to make a message box that pops up and has several lines of text as well as in input form. All I know are the basics in making a one line message box. Here is what I have.

Msgbox(0,"Important","Please Make Sure To Follow All Directions Or We Can't Allow You To Use The School Network.  Be Sure To Fill In All Information.

Theoretically I would like to tell the program when to start a new line so I can paragraph out the disclaimer and I would also like to create a short form.

Any help would be awesome,

Tyler

just concatenate (join) a @LF into your string. there are 3 'new line' macros, which could be used, @LF @CR @CRLF

LF = line feed, CR = Carraige return.

MsgBox(0,"Title","Line 1" & @LF & "Line 2" & @CRLF & "Line 3")

just concatenate (join) a @LF into your string. there are 3 'new line' macros, which could be used, @LF @CR @CRLF

LF = line feed, CR = Carraige return.

MsgBox(0,"Title","Line 1" & @LF & "Line 2" & @CRLF & "Line 3")

Thanks. How would I go about adding a group box inside the message box with text inside it? I know how to do it for a GUI in general but its not working and I must be doing something wrong.

Also, How would I add a input box? and buton inside a message box?

-Tyler

• Moderators

You'd have to make your own messagebox... there was a fun post today hiding the 'cancel' button where I made a _MsgBox() with a couple of parameters... it could be made into something much more:

Here is the link, it may give you some ideas on how to do it yourself. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=141077

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks. How would I go about adding a group box inside the message box with text inside it? I know how to do it for a GUI in general but its not working and I must be doing something wrong.

Also, How would I add a input box? and buton inside a message box?

-Tyler

well message boxes are pre-defined windows generated by the operating system, the only things you can really create from scratch for a message box are the title, and text. Everything else is created based on parameters that choose from pre-defined constants. You cannot add any new controls to a message box. If you want an input field, you can use an inputbox(), if you want more than that, you're stuck making your own gui, and making it act like or resemble a message box at your own discretion.