Pseudo-random mouse movement

ModemJunki

I had an interesting test case to move the mouse at random intervals and capture some data from that.

I found this post from @mlowery from 2010 and didn't want to necropost:

So I modified that to work with Random() and my own mouse mover to jiggle the mouse.

Can anyone think of an easier way?

#include <Date.au3>
;===============================================================================
; Description:      Moves mouse rando-periodically to prevent screen save
;===============================================================================

; MAIN
HotKeySet("!x", "_done") ; alt+x will exit
Global $iRandom = Random(300000, 600000, 1) ; 3 to 10 minutes initial random wait time

Beep() ; and why not?

While 1
    If _Get_Idle_Ticks() > $iRandom Then
        _MoveMouse() ; move the mouse and moves it back, see function for description
        $iRandom = Random(300000, 600000, 1) ; 3 to 10 minutes reset of random wait time
        Beep() ; and why not?
    EndIf
    Sleep(5000) ; wait 5 seconds in loop
WEnd

; Functions

; Description:      Moves the mouse a specified number of pixels and then moves it back
; Parameter(s):     $PixX = number of pixels to move in X coord
;                   $PixY = number of pixels to move in Y coord
;                   $Speed = 0
; Requirement(s):   None
; Return Value(s):  None
; Note(s):          High movement values make it look weird
Func _MoveMouse($PixX = 1, $PixY = 1, $Speed = 0) ; speed of zero is instantaneous
    Local $X = $PixX, $Y = $PixY
    Local $_aPos = MouseGetPos() ; 1st get Mouse x, y: and store in array
    MouseMove($_aPos[0] + $X, $_aPos[1] + $Y, $Speed) ; move Mouse to Mouse X + $X, Mouse y + $Y
    MouseMove($_aPos[0], $_aPos[1], $Speed) ; now move back to original coordinates
EndFunc   ;==>_MoveMouse

; Description:      Exits and resets hotkey
; Parameter(s):     None
; Return Value(s):  None
; Note(s):
Func _done()
    HotKeySet("!x")
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_done

; Description:      Returns number of ticks since system was idle (determined by mouse/key input)
; Parameter(s):     None
; Return Value(s):  Milliseconds since last user input (mouse/key)
; Note(s):
Func _Get_Idle_Ticks()
    Local $struct = DllStructCreate("uint;dword") ;
    DllStructSetData($struct, 1, DllStructGetSize($struct)) ;
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetLastInputInfo", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct))
    Local $last_active = DllStructGetData($struct, 2)
    Return _Date_Time_GetTickCount() - $last_active
EndFunc   ;==>_Get_Idle_Ticks

Always carry a towel.

Doesn't seem to get any easier to me... I guess it just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.  

Spoiler
HotKeySet("!x", "_done") ; alt+x will exit

Beep() ; and why not?

While 1
   Sleep(Random(180000, 600000, 1))
        _MoveMouse() ;
WEnd

Func _MoveMouse($Speed = 0) ; speed of zero is instantaneous
    Local $_aPos = MouseGetPos() ; 1st get Mouse x, y: and store in array
    MouseMove($_aPos[0] + Random(1,@DesktopWidth-$_aPos[0],1), $_aPos[1] + random(1,@DesktopHeight-$_aPos[1],1), $Speed) ; move Mouse to Mouse X + $X, Mouse y + $Y
    MouseMove($_aPos[0], $_aPos[1], $Speed) ; now move back to original coordinates
EndFunc   ;==>_MoveMouse

Func _done()
    HotKeySet("!x")
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_done

I guess it could get easier but this is as far as im willing to go. Seems to work for me.

Edited by markyrocks

3 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

if it's just to keep the pc/monitor awake with no screensaver, you can just use a DLL call.

Neat.

Test spec says jiggle the mouse so I jiggle the mouse. But the DLL call is better to keep the system awake, I think.

Always carry a towel.