Using manifestfile

kpu

I've done a little VB code and found that you can create a manifest to get the *.exe to have the XP look. I've tried it with Auto It and can't seem to get it to work. Is there a better way to do it?

My exe is named "RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe" and I've created a file called "RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe.manifest" and placed them both in the same directory.

Is this right?

Here's the manifest code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 
<assembly 
   xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" 
   manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity 
    processorArchitecture="x86" 
    version="1.0.0.0"
    type="win32"
    name="RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe"/>
    <description>RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe</description>
    <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
         type="win32"
         name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
         version="6.0.0.0"
         publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
         language="*"
         processorArchitecture="x86"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>
</assembly>

Also, I know you can do a "fileinstall" to place the manifest file in the desired dictory, but can you include it in the actuall code?

Thanks,

I've done a little VB code and found that you can create a manifest to get the *.exe to have the XP look. I've tried it with Auto It and can't seem to get it to work. Is there a better way to do it?

My exe is named "RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe" and I've created a file called "RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe.manifest" and placed them both in the same directory.

Is this right?

Here's the manifest code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 
<assembly 
   xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" 
   manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity 
    processorArchitecture="x86" 
    version="1.0.0.0"
    type="win32"
    name="RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe"/>
    <description>RDP_Manager_V3_Small.exe</description>
    <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
         type="win32"
         name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
         version="6.0.0.0"
         publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
         language="*"
         processorArchitecture="x86"/>
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>
</assembly>

Also, I know you can do a "fileinstall" to place the manifest file in the desired dictory, but can you include it in the actuall code?

Thanks,

sorry, first off, i'm not familiar with manifest files. As far as including it in the code of your script, do you mean have your file write the manifest file by outputing lines of predefined text? If so then yes, if you mean include the code from a different language as code in your script to be executed... I'm sure you can figure out the answer to that one..

sorry, first off, i'm not familiar with manifest files. As far as including it in the code of your script, do you mean have your file write the manifest file by outputing lines of predefined text? If so then yes, if you mean include the code from a different language as code in your script to be executed... I'm sure you can figure out the answer to that one..

Yea, I understand both including it in the program and having it write one when it's ran with preset settings. There was a way to include it in the code of VB instead of using the manifest file. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks

On Windows XP, AutoIt already uses the XP styles. It already has a manifest built-in.

...your right. I've been working on on using buttons with an icon file and it makes the buttons look like W2K instead of XP.

$Button1 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("", 60, 30, 100, 70,$BS_ICON)
GUICtrlSetImage(-1, "Icon_1.ico", "")

:">

nevermind.