How to get text in Powershell command prompt ?

jason2020

Hi all,

I'm automating actions in Powershell command prompt. Example: sending a command to Powershell command prompt and waiting a response text and then running another command. So how to get this response text in the command prompt ?

I'm using C# and AutoItX.Dotnet package.

Thanks.

how to get text in Powershell command prompt.png

• 2 months later...
  • Developers
18 minutes ago, Zawarujqa said:

I will allow myself to fill the information wasteland prevailing on this forum.

Why don't you simply waste your space and presence somewhere else with that attitude?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Zawarujqa  Instead of complaining at this forum and software, why don't you start reading the .chm of AutoItX.  The answers to your questions are all very described in there.  It is not the software that is sluggish in here.  Take a careful look at your programming and learning talents...

10 minutes ago, Nine said:

@Zawarujqa  Instead of complaining at this forum and software, why don't you start reading the .chm of AutoItX.  The answers to your questions are all very described in there.  It is not the software that is sluggish in here.  Take a careful look at your programming and learning talents...

Do you really think I didn't read the documentation before that? The problem lies in the implementation of the .NET assembly.

No you did not read the document, if you did, you would notice this :

WinTitleMatchMode Alters the method that is used to match window titles during search operations.
1 = Match the title from the start (default)
2 = Match any substring in the title
3 = Exact title match
4 = Advanced mode, see Window Titles & Text (Advanced)

Where do you see it allows non case-sensitive ?

And stop repeating every single thing we say, we know what we have told you...

Edited by Nine

• Moderators

Zawarujqa,

Firstly, when you reply in future, please use the "Reply to this topic" button at the top of the thread or the "Reply to this topic" editor at the bottom rather than the "Quote" button - responders know what they wrote and it just pads the thread unnecessarily. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Secondly, what you have quoted is indeed from the Help file, so I have no idea what Nine is talking about. However, I have no idea if that functionality is present in the AutoItX command subset as I do not use it myself.

Thirdly, your attitude when posting here since your arrival leaves a lot to be desired. Being critical of lacunae in AutoIt is one thing - attacking those volunteers who develop and support AutoIt (in which I number) is quite another. There are many satisfied users of AutoIt - if you are among the minority who do not find it to your liking then please accept our apologies and go in peace to look for another scripting language which better serves your purpose. However, continued posting along the lines of your previous unnecessarily provocative offering may result in you not having a choice in the matter - I hope I make myself clear.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers
4 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

so I have no idea what Nine is talking about

The AutoItX.chm is a separate helpfile located in its subdirectory and doesn't have the -1 to -4 option. 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Jos,

As I suspected - which is why I made the point:

no idea if that functionality is present in the AutoItX command subset

Apologies to Nine.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

Zawarujqa,

I've already migrated to System.Diagnostics

Excellent - then what follows will have no effect upon you.

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

@Zawarujqa I will add on to what @Jos and @Melba23 have said about your attitude, as I think between the two of them now you have been given more than fair warning. Thus far in your 16 posts, you have been simultaneously unable to solve your own issues AND ugly toward those who do have the skill sets you lack. This is not a combination that will gain you any friends on this forum (or anywhere I suspect). And as you've received multiple warnings about your attitude, to no apparent effect, I have placed your account on Moderation preview; for the foreseeable future anything you post will need to be reviewed and approved first.

As Melba stated, much more nicely than I would have, you are free to choose one of three paths: Find a way to rein in your attitude toward others when posting, Find another language that better suits you and your complaints of what should be, or continue as you have been and be shown the door.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!