Google Sheet: automate bulk image upload as Drawing

Enissay

Hi all,

I do need to upload some school slides to google sheets as drawings which allows me to annotate them easily (add comments and such). Sadly I can only do that for 1 picture at a time which can be very frustrating and time consuming.

I will describe the process here then if you can advise whether this is doable given this is my first experience with AutoIT (I have used AHK many times before, but since I don't use it regularly, learning it from scratch each time is very time consuming and I heard AIT is better at it😞

ait_1.thumb.png.c4b106c68c0c675549001e3178d5d297.pngait_2.thumb.png.24b76f3458cc133e6003705412ee5f5d.png

1. In the open sheets window, click Insert menu
  2. Select Drawing
  3. From the opened popup, click on Image
  4. From the popup click on upload button
  5. Open Picture folder
  6. Select latest pic to upload ==> Can AIT keep track of the uploaded pics ? so it can loop and upload 1 by 1 ?
  7. Confirm
  8. Once pic upload is over, Save and Close
  9. Start over from 1. to upload all pics

Here's a link to a test sheet to see better what I am talking about: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OPE2NZxU96MYahHPXKgpjIwDWXj4H0k7iwuzDzt-kyQ/edit?usp=sharing

Would you think it would be possible to do all the above ? 

Any comments/recommendations are welcome.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

shortly: Yes, it does. 

There are multiple ways to reach it and you will need some routines to make it possible, because Google is very unique in their websites.

so you could automate it with hotkeys in Google Docs & mouseclicks (dirty way) or webdriver e.g.

regards

why do i get garbage when i buy garbage bags? <_<

• 1 month later...

I somehow lost this link but never lost interest since this painful process never ends 😕

May god bless you for mentioning webdriver, I ended up using selenium which worked just fine (I knew about it before but the first time to use). It still needs some polishing but it does the job.

Thanks a lot ❤️

Edited by Enissay