WinExist Title Not Functioning as Expected - (Locked)

da1geek

Good morning everyone,

I am newer to AutoIT only using the software off and on over the last few years. I am attempting to use the WinExist function to see if a window is already running, and if not, to start it (in this case, we are checking to see if a Minecraft server is currently running). For the life of me I cannot get WinExist to detect that the window already exists. I have tried variations of using just the title of the window, the title and the class and I cannot seem to figure out what I'm missing. Regardless of the content, AutoIT seems to think the window does not exist, and proceeds with the rest of the function. 

I have included the specific code I am having troubles with, the capture of the window title and class, and my full code in case someone needs that too:
-snip-

Thank you in advance for any help or direction you provide.

Edited by Jos
removed the waste of space

• Developers

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
5 minutes ago, da1geek said:

I see where this is going. Yes, it is. But this issue pertains specifically to my trouble with WinExist. Feel free to ignore the full code, I just thought it may be helpful.

Why is it that one always think that there are exception in those rules...  guess what: there aren't!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)