chrome page text content acquisition

meety

@meety
If you want to retrieve something that is inside the page (a text from a DOM element), then you can use IE UDF;
if that's not the case, then, as stated above, you need to be more explicit and provide a working sample :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

3 hours ago, meety said:

Did I make it clear?

Very clear.  With Chrome you cannot use _IE* functions.  You need to use WebDriver as you were already told.  We will not spoon-feed you with the code.  You will need to go thru Wiki to learn how to install WebDriver, then go thru all examples (and other materials) to understand how it is working.  After creating your script, if you still have problem, please come here with your code, and we will gladly help you out.

Edited by Nine

12 hours ago, Nine said:

Very clear.  With Chrome you cannot use _IE* functions.  You need to use WebDriver as you were already told.  We will not spoon-feed you with the code.  You will need to go thru Wiki to learn how to install WebDriver, then go thru all examples (and other materials) to understand how it is working.  After creating your script, if you still have problem, please come here with your code, and we will gladly help you out.

Can you give an example, such as using with wingettext to fetch the text content on the page?thank you!

After downloading all the required documents listed in my first link above, install them in one folder. Then you should study _wd_demo.au3 and wiki page to understand how it works. For getting the text of a web page, you can try this:

#include "wd_core.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_Debug_Info
$_WD_ERROR_MSGBOX = False
SetupChrome()
If Not ProcessExists("chromedriver.exe") Then
    _WD_Startup()
EndIf
If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then
    Exit
EndIf

$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
    Exit
EndIf

_WD_Navigate($sSession,  "https://google.com")
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "/html/body")
$sText = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, "text")

MsgBox(0, '', $sText)

Func SetupChrome()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false }}}}'
EndFunc

53 minutes ago, CYCho said:

After downloading all the required documents listed in my first link above, install them in one folder. Then you should study _wd_demo.au3 and wiki page to understand how it works. For getting the text of a web page, you can try this:

#include "wd_core.au3"

Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession
$_WD_DEBUG = $_WD_Debug_Info
$_WD_ERROR_MSGBOX = False
SetupChrome()
If Not ProcessExists("chromedriver.exe") Then
    _WD_Startup()
EndIf
    Exit
EndIf

$sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities)
    Exit
EndIf

_WD_Navigate($sSession,  "https://google.com")
$sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "/html/body")
$sText = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, "text")

MsgBox(0, '', $sText)

Func SetupChrome()
    _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe')
    _WD_Option('Port', 9515)
    _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--verbose --log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"')

$sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "excludeSwitches": [ "enable-automation"], "useAutomationExtension": false }}}}'
EndFunc

Thank you for your answer. My requirement is to monitor whether an open page changes. So I thought of using wingstext to fetch the content of the page regularly to determine whether the page has changed

Hello!

I have a requirement to open www.google.com with chrome and keep it open, and then periodically check the text on the page to determine whether the page has changed. Can this autoit be realized?

Edited by meety

10 hours ago, meety said:

I have a requirement to open www.google.com with chrome and keep it open, and then periodically check the text on the page to determine whether the page has changed.

Why do you think the content of a Google search result would dynamically change without any user intervention?

Edited by TheXman