Script/Text/File Manager - Update 4/6/2015

Valuater

Thats pretty sharp... lots of work went into your SQL UDF

wish i understood half of it

Nice job ... randallc

8)

Hi Valuater,

I downloaded @randallc's modification and UDFs and SQLite.exe to try it out. It errored saying that the _SQL_VBSText UDF was undefined. I used your version to find the file the UDF was called in, that worked great! I clicked the button to open it in Scite, That also worked OK. When I Alt+TABbed back to your version it looked like this => I minimized & restored it, clicked the Manage View button, there was no change, it still looked messed up :o . Even thought I have a few issues with the program, I like and use it, I thought you would want to know about this.

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Hi,

Would you find it useful to see filelines as well as an option?

[double click in new GUI just brings up explorer though; exit to go back to yours...]

Best, Randall

[needs SQL UDF ]

Hi Randallc,

What include script is the UDF _SQL_VBSText() defined in? I downloaded all the SQL stuff at (link) but your version of Valuater's script errored out with that UDF as undefined.

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Hi,

These 3 should be in your script directory with au3ScripTextManageDOS.au3

From Zip; SQLiteExeAU3.zip 22/02/2006

1. SqliteExe.au3 v 3_2_2_7 ; includes _SQL_VBSText ==========**************

2. SQL_View.au3 ;version 1_62

3. ExcelCom.au3 ;Version: 2_81 [if you have excel installed on computer]

[4. sqlite3.exe is in the zip too; 10th Feb06 version (3.3.4)]

Perhaps your download is corrupt? s it would have been called from [Edit ; SQL_View.au3] [ SqliteExe.au3 should be about 820 lines till EndFunc ;==>_Array2DToD1]

Your screen picture looks bad! Is this a Win2K issue again?

Best, Randall

Edited by randallc

• 2 weeks later...

If i use this script (great script btw) then i see that you have automatic a vscrollbar but if you have long directorynames en files then you have not a hscrollbar so that you not can see what file it is.

How can i ad a hscrollbar please? With GUICtrlCreateEdit?

Sapiente vince, rex, noli vincere ferro!

If i use this script (great script btw) then i see that you have automatic a vscrollbar but if you have long directorynames en files then you have not a hscrollbar so that you not can see what file it is.

How can i ad a hscrollbar please? With GUICtrlCreateEdit?

FIXED

Updated March 04, 2006

ver 1.0.3

thanks gafrost

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

I know this will sound crazy, but for some reason I can't copy/paste code from the forums, if and only if, it is in the little AutoIt code scrolling boxes. When it pastes, it pastes all on one line and won't compile.

Can you put this in a file for download?

Thanks

Did you try to copy to word then to your editor?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 1 month later...

Here is a question, that frankly I am cringing at typing. There is a feature that I think would be awesome to add to this, but I have no idea how to do it, or if it is possible. I thought about it, because it came up today.

What I would like to do in addition to your awesome script:

1) Search all the files with a string (already can be done)

2) Replace all occurences of that string with X

3) Auto-Save the File under the same name, or Save As...

Sorry for the suggestion, I really hate to suggest something about someone elses script, but I really like yours and think it would be an awesome addition.

Here is a question, that frankly I am cringing at typing. There is a feature that I think would be awesome to add to this, but I have no idea how to do it, or if it is possible. I thought about it, because it came up today.

Sorry for the suggestion, I really hate to suggest something about someone elses script, but I really like yours and think it would be an awesome addition.

thanks.....

well.... not a bad idea..

you are welcome to give it a try

I have a couple of projects now but i *might* take a look at it later

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• 7 months later...

I use this program alot, but i just tried this today...

place the search ( like normal )

press view file ( it is displayed in notepad )

press cancel for the "found" word

press edit > replace and the found word will still show...

just type in the word you want to replace it with

click replace all

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• 8 months later...

UpDated - Ver 1.0.5 - January 23, 2008

Now - will search and edit/run/etc User Defined file types

8)

Thats what I was hoping for a couple of hours ago. Thanks my good man.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Great func;

btw, val, you can speed this up immensely for searching files in large searches(not so much text) if you don't need to show the progress; just

1. Eliminate the repeated writes to the Edit and labels, and only accunulate a long string with separator.

2. Once complete, dump in one command to the Edit Box.

What do you think?

Best, randall

Thanks for the support Manadar, Randallc, and especially GEOSoft with the Autoit Wrappers link!

:)

@Randallc

I have noticed your effort on FileListToArrayNew() and supporting others with File-List UDF's. I am sure what you stated would speed-up the process, however, I wrote this for me and like the counter etc.

Actually, I use this almost daily.

Thanks again

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png