SQLite3.dll can't be loaded

Hi,

I'm completely new to AutoIt so, please, forgive me for my questions. I'm trying to run the _SQLIte_Open example, quite simple, but I only get the message of the title. SQLIte3.dll is in the same folder of my script so I have no idea what's wrong in the code. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Mauricio

If you are using a 64-bit Windows OS, then the most likely cause is that the script can't find sqlite3_x64.dll.  By default, _SQLite_Startup() will look for sqlite3.dll when the script is being run using the 32-bit AutoIt interpreter and sqlite3_x64.dll when using the 64-bit AutoIt interpreter.  Try putting the sqlite3_x64.dll file in the script's folder and see if i works.

Starting with AutoIt 3.3.14.2:

_SQLite_Startup() no longer automatically downloads DLL files.

With the latest beta 3.3.15.1 a download script has been added:

Extras\AutoUpdateIt\AutoSQLiteUpdateIt.au3 script to download sqlite dll's used by _SQLite_Startup().

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

3 hours ago, TDCSoftware said:

There is no a sqlite3_x64.dll. If you go to SQLite Download and look for Precompiled binaries for Windows 64, it will download a zip that only contains a sqlite3.dll and a sqlite3.def. I'm working in a W10 64 bits computer.

save it to your script directory and then just rename it to  sqlite3_x64.dll (or whatever else fits your needs)
then you can use the following command to force the SQLite engine (that is in that dll file) to be  startup  from that location:

_SQLite_Startup(@ScriptDir & "\sqlite3_x64.dll", False, True)

P.S.

Warning; using the above command you can force the execution of a 64 bit dll on a 32 bit AutoIt and that is not a good idea....

as @TheXman already pointed out, you have to use a 32bit or 64bit version of the SQLite dll according to what AutoIt version you are using (and not on what Windows version you are) i.e you can use a 32 bit AutoIt version even if we are running on a 64 bit Win10

so, use either 32 or 64 dll version that fits (matches) to the AutoIt version (and not to the Win version)

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

There is AutoIt3Wrapper directive to force 32bit AutoIt compilation even on 64bit Windows,

so put this at top of your script and compile script from full Scite4AutoIt3 (where is AutoIt3Wrapper included):

older AutoIt versions:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n

latest AutoIt version (direct pragma directive of Aut2Exe):

#pragma compile(x64, false)