Autoit3 Tidy

Jos

• Developers

Just a question... Can I avoid the making of useless backup and the tidy.txt file?

Or... Can I understand why are they made?

The backup in my mind is not useless unless you have a 100% faith in my programming... :D

The "Backup" is your original script and I don't think that the program should delete that.

As far as the pgmname_Tidy.txt : Just click on the middle button on the startup menu or if you run without startup menu: do the setup and specify documentation file "NO".

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1) Is fixed in the Tidy 1.0.13 release...

2) The program uses the files supplied by Jon in the Doc sources. the IsInt()  is in there and was already in the 1.0.12 version. Tested a bit with it but couldn't get it wrong.... pls give a sample code if its stil wrong for you.

1) Thanks for the update.

2) Oops, my fault. Speeling mistake. :D

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

The backup in my mind is not useless unless you have a 100% faith in my programming...  :D

Ops... you mean that your program could possibly destroy my work trasforming my script in a useless waste of bits?

I really ignored this problem... and... yes I apreciate the idea of a backup. Thanks

Ops... you mean that your program could possibly destroy my work trasforming my script in a useless waste of bits?

I really ignored this problem... and... yes I apreciate the idea of a backup. Thanks

Every single program that does anything to a file has the potential to accidentally destroy it... You take a slight chance every time you open something in a text editor. All it takes is a typo or a small logic error on the author's part to cause the script/program to start doing the wrong thing.

• Developers

This falls into the "Old Shoes" category....... :D

Don't throw them away before you know for sure that the new ones really fit well and don't give you any blisters or else you might want to use the old ones again.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded 1.0.14 of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/install_tidy.exe

Added some checks to see if the levels are closed correctly e.g.

If closed with EndIF

Do closed with Until

While cloded with Wend etc...

It will add lines warning lines like below ... which will be removed the next run when the issue is fixed !!

;### Tidy Error: Level error -> Until is closing previous If

;### Tidy Error: Level error -> Func cannot be inside any IF/Do/While/For/Case/Func statement.
Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

Uploaded an Updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/install_tidy.exe version 1.0.17.

These are the changes since 1.0.14:

1.0.15: 5/29/2004 (was included in Scite4Autoit3 since that date)

- Changed keyword matching to total keyword. (before END would qualify as an ENDIF)

1.0.16: 6/4/2004 (was included in Scite4Autoit3 since that date)

- Updated the If - ElseIf - Else- EndIf Logic to fix some reported issues.

1.0.17: 6/16/2004 (Also included in the current Scite4Autoit3 installset )

- Added an option to the Setupmenu to define the number of _OLD versions to keep.... default:0=All

Have had several requests for this feature and have implemented it in the following way:

The default is 0 which means "keep all backup versions". All removed files are put into the recyclebin so you can still retrieve them there if needed.

Make sure you understand what you are doing before changing this option.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nice app JdeB. I have made a couple of modifications so it will work properly with my Project Express app. I would really like to see the backups changed to .OLD instead of keeping the .AU3 extension. The reason being that my app will check the folder for the first AU3 file it finds and then check the custom Images sub-folder for the first ICO file and then start the compile. So far there have been no errors but the potential is there. I also made a change to add a blank line after an EndFunc statement. With the backupextension changed I would feel much better about including it on the Tools tab for Project Express. I have also written a new GUI for it but have not worked on the functional code yet. Its only a simple GUI with 2 tabs. One includes your old buttons with the progress bar and the second has all of the settings check boxes.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

I would really like to see the backups changed to .OLD instead of keeping the .AU3 extension.  The reason being that my app will check the folder for the first AU3 file it finds and then check the custom Images sub-folder for the first ICO file and then start the compile.  So far there have been no errors but the potential is there. I also made a change to add a blank line after an EndFunc statement.  With the backupextension changed I would feel much better about including it on the Tools tab for Project Express.  I have also written a new GUI for it but have not worked on the functional code yet. Its only a simple GUI with 2 tabs.  One includes your old buttons with the progress bar and the second has all of the settings check boxes.

Thanks ...

Main reason for using the AU3 extention fo the OLF files is the fact that you can edit/run them as well. The Editor shows the Syntax Highlighting and Folding ...etc and wouldn't want to lose that.

Also have stayed away from Adding/Removing empty line, because i see different ways people do this.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Main reason for using the AU3 extention fo the OLF files is the fact that you can edit/run them as well. The Editor shows the Syntax Highlighting and Folding ...etc and wouldn't want to lose that

That makes sense so I will probably just have them FileMoved to a different subfolder. I would still have the extension changed and then people could just name it back if they need to work with it again.

Also have stayed away from Adding/Removing empty line, because i see different ways people do this.

Agreed but I like to keep a blank line between functions. So I have it checking for the blankline and if it exists, stripiut and then add it back in after the comment has been added.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"