Status Bar

strate

While reading the post in scripts an scraps I decided to try and put something together that would get the text out of the bar. This is what I have

#AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
#Include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
$Handle = WinGetHandle('classname=SciTEWindow','')

$Result = _GuiCtrlStatusBarGetText ($Handle, 1)     
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~3','Selection:' & @lf & '$Result' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $Result & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error);### Debug MSGBOX
I think I got excited and missed something while looking over the UDF. The reason I'm trying this and not the function created for this is because I'm _hoping_ this might be able to read a status bar that I've been unable to read in a program at work. Help, please, lol. It would be greatly appreciated. I've been able to automate my whole job besides the one program; and I need the cursor position to do it. The functions for that don't work either. Edited by strate
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

have you tried something like

$Result = ControlGetText ( WinGetTitle(""), "", "msctls_statusbar321" )
MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~3','Selection:' & @lf & '$Result' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $Result & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error);### Debug MSGBOX

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

have you tried something like

$Result = ControlGetText ( WinGetTitle(""), "", "msctls_statusbar321" )
Yes, I have all it returns is the first "spot", that says ready. I need it to return the seventh spot that contains the field that the caret/cursor is in.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

I've been trying to figure out the DllCall stuff and is it possible to get this from a dll? Pull it from memory? I'm trying to work backwords with the examples in the scripts forum but how do I figure out what the params are for the dll? Where can I search for this on msdn?