Using AutoIT for Dynamic Proxy authentication

IshTex

Hi.

I'm running a website that I'm accessing via a Proxy. I've got my Chrome Instance using the proxy and I'm now looking at ways of getting around the Chrome 'Sign In' popup which requires the entering of the proxy username and password.

I have seen people using AutoIT to generate the .exe which does the entering of the username and password within the Chrome modal. This would partially work for my solution. Code below:

WinWaitActive("Sign In")
Send("username")
Send ("{TAB}")
Send("password")
Send("{ENTER}")

The above code would work if I had a static username and password.

However, I have a different username and password for each of my proxy, so I need the username and password as a dynamic input.

Is there any way of using AutoIT but dynamically populating the username and password so it changes on each proxy browser?

Or does anyone know of another way of authenticating proxies on Chrome using Selenium?

You could create a .ini file with all your proxies along with their specific username and password.  One way is to show a GUI pop-up that will ask you to select the proxy, then it will send the appropriate UN/PW.

@Nine Is there any documentation anywhere for this to be done? Ideally later on down the line I want to make my solution into a .exe so would this solution still work?

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

You could create a .ini file with all your proxies along with their specific username and password.  One way is to show a GUI pop-up that will ask you to select the proxy, then it will send the appropriate UN/PW.

1 minute ago, IshTex said:

Is there any documentation anywhere for this to be done?

Open AutoIt help file, everything is in there.  Look under the section talking about INI file and GUI with a drop-down.  

3 minutes ago, IshTex said:

I want to make my solution into a .exe so would this solution still work?

Yes no problem