How do you know if a running app is a game?

Burgaud

I know "game" is not allowed in AutoIt. But this is not about gaming, rather preventing it.

My kid is having online classes and obviously using a computer for it. I want to disable all games on his computer during online class time. I tried writing a script that constantly monitors running apps by matching the processname to a list of games. unfortunately, this method is untenable as he can simply change the exe file name.

Is there a way to determine if an app is a game simply by how it uses the graphics interface?

Dan

Another easy way would be to create 2 separate users for each child.  One for week-end and evening, one for week days and day light time.  You can create those users and enable parental control to specify time slots.  Then you can authorize/block access to folders depending of the users.

something like this might be easy to manage for you too

https://ht-vector.com/how-to-block-games.html

that can block all browser games with one click. writing your own tool is going to be a big job, one which you may not have time for. i would opt for this tool because it's super comprehensive, you can monitor everything and get emails about it too so you can remote monitor

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Confuzzled said:

<snip>

I think the OP came here for suggestions on how to overcome something programmatically, not for a lecture on his parenting style. Let's either help him or don't, but keep the commentary internal.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!