ftp append

HI,

I don´t exactly get what you want to do. Is it an Autoit script, that should append data?

What about FileWriteLine?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Is there anyway I can append more information up to an already existing .txt file? Everytime my program does an ftp it overwrites the .txt file that is already there. I need to add data to it from multiple machines. Any help would be greatly appretiated!

yes I have a file on an ftp server but I do not want to replace it I want to add to it from multiple computers. but the file name is the same so every time it just overwrites it.

yes I have a file on an ftp server but I do not want to replace it I want to add to it from multiple computers. but the file name is the same so every time it just overwrites it.

Hi again,

okay next try o:)

You´ve got serveral computers. On every of this machines runs a programm which writes a log-file.

The log-file name is always the same. Maybe log.txt.

Now you´ve got an FTP-server on which already exits a file with the name log.txt.

What you try is to transfer the log.txt from the clients to the server and append all the data in the log.txt to the one on the ftp-server. Right? ;)

I think the command should be something like this:

append c:\Downloads\log.txt log.txt

append local-file remote-file

The user which is logged in on the FTP-Server must have delete rights.

Sorry 4 my bad english. :lmao:

Hope that helps.

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi again,

okay next try o:)

You´ve got serveral computers. On every of this machines runs a programm which writes a log-file.

The log-file name is always the same. Maybe log.txt.

Now you´ve got an FTP-server on which already exits a file with the name log.txt.

What you try is to transfer the log.txt from the clients to the server and append all the data in the log.txt to the one on the ftp-server. Right? ;)

I think the command should be something like this:

append c:\Downloads\log.txt log.txt

append local-file remote-file

The user which is logged in on the FTP-Server must have delete rights.

Sorry 4 my bad english. :lmao:

Hope that helps.

So long,

Mega

Thank you fotr your reply. Sorry for the delay in thanking you. I will try this and let you know.

It Works!!! Thank you very much MEGA. one more question, how can I get it to post to a new line each time?

Check the @CRLF or @CR or @LF constants in the documentation and just add them in the correct position before or after writing a line.